Karaoke Builder text artifacts

Discuss CD+G's, VCD's, song book creators, and any other karaoke related software.
thatnimrod

Karaoke Builder text artifacts

Post by thatnimrod »

I've been pretty successful in using Karaoke Builder Studio on my Macbook Air inside of a VMWare virtual machine. In fact, I've knocked out about six or seven songs since I picked it up a month ago. Quarantine productivity, amiright?

Once in a while it will produce artifacts on the words as it highlights and removes them, leaving some traces behind. There's nothing I've been able to find about how to fix this, or if there even is a way. Nothing I can change in the setting seems to do anything about it. Thankfully, it's not common. An example: https://imgur.com/a/8QZO62M

I have a version of Oooh La La by Run The Jewels I've been working on and it has never gone this bad this fast and I can't figure out what to do about it. Maybe this is a separate issue? It even does it in an exported video! Here's a link to the file in my dropbox. https://www.dropbox.com/s/fi3ronod6nl88 ... ohLaLa.mp4

Does anyone have any idea on how to fix this? I've poured so much work into this one song already between editing the chorus back in and the background stuff, getting the timing of the words, laying them out. It's driving me insane!

- thatnimrod :P
. @gmail
DanG2006

Re: Karaoke Builder text artifacts

Post by DanG2006 »

It has to be the way you laid out the lyrics. I have never seen anything like that before.
How to Build a Home Karaoke System
thatnimrod

Post by thatnimrod »

Well, I am certainly impressed with my ability to stump you.

I've tried laying it out differently, but it doesn't change anything. Moving it to another page, changing the style, literally moving the line on the page manually, setting it on its own page—even changing the master text speed/delete/highlight—does nothing to alleviate this.

I've tried everything up to and including starting completely over from scratch. That was the most frustrating thing ever, discovering that it just does the same thing in the same place again. Like there's just too much text to get through and it gives up.

I'm at a loss. I can provide the files if anyone is interested in tinkering with it themselves.
. @gmail
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

It might also be the speed of the song doesn't make doing the song possible.
thatnimrod

Post by thatnimrod »

OK, well, I've started over from scratch again and I think I've figured something out.

While the words highlight doesn't seem to have an effect on the erasing/writing of the text, it's clear to me now that it can't write a new line while it is deleting a line from the screen, so, ironically, the fix seems to be to stop/slow the deleting of a line long enough for it to write the next lines as needed.

It's a tricky balancing act that must be handled manually in the Display/Remove tab while editing the timing.

The previous link goes to the now-working video, so here's a link to the "bad" one to see what I was previously referring to.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/lj395nu3378af ... La_BAD.mp4
. @gmail
thatnimrod

Post by thatnimrod »

Oh, and the artifacting text may or may not be because of the source text file used. Despite there being no hidden characters, if you IMPORT a text file it can contain these errors. Oddly enough the fix seems to be copying and pasting the text into the window instead, using any text editor that can "zap gremlins" doesn't hurt either—I use TextWrangler.
. @gmail