Burning Problem

Karaoke disc copying software and CD burners.
suncitybob64

Burning Problem

Post by suncitybob64 »

I am using Verbatin CR-R disks 700 MB 40X 80Min. While using the Power CDR+G Burner 2 I have wasted more disks than I have burned. I have used Disk-at-once mode and Session-at once mode both at the lowest burn speed. Lately it does not even show burning any tracks to the disk and when I put in in my karaoke machine it shows UN.

Why is it I have burned 7 good disks but wasted over 25? What am I doing wrong?

wiseguy
Site Admin

Re: Burning Problem

Post by wiseguy »

There are a number of things that could be causing the problem. Bad discs (yes even Verbatim can put out a bad batch occasionally), your burner could be going bad, the files you're trying to burn could be corrupt, etc.. I would suggest that you post your problem in the Power Karaoke Forum where the programmers can diagnose the problem.
How to Build a Home Karaoke System
SRosetto

Post by SRosetto »

I've been having a problem burning songs using the Power CD+G Burner 2 software as well. It converts the zipped files and will save the mp3 and cdg files for each song onto a thumb drive but it will not burn directly to my cd burner drive? Keeps giving me an error. I have to transfer the songs from my thumb drive to the cd burner drive in order to burn the mp3 and cdg files for each song onto a disc. But when I put the disc into my Karaoke USA machine it plays the music fine but there are no graphics(lyrics). Can anyone tell me what I might be doing wrong or this a glitch with the Power CD+G Burner 2 software?
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

There is no need to convert (extract) the zip files. Just add the zip files to the burn list. If after burning a disc using the zip files your disc has audio only then most likely your burner is not capable of burning CDG discs.
SRosetto

Post by SRosetto »

Thank you. I realized that a short time ago and have now burned the songs onto a CD. Unfortunately I have to wait until I get to my girlfriends in order to try them in her Karaoke USA machine. Fingers crossed they work great.
SRosetto

Post by SRosetto »

Well I downloaded Karaoke Builder Player 5.0 and tried playing a song from the CD. It did not work. I looked at the files on the CD and found there is only a .cda file for each track. Nothing else was burned to the CD from the Power CD+G Burner 2 software. Guess I'm to assume that my CD drive is not capable of burning CD+G files? Ugh... this is so frustrating!
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

The .cda files that you see when you explore the contents of a standard CD or karaoke CD+G disc are not actually files at all. They are shortcuts to the song tracks on the disc. The important thing is that you have verified that your burner will not read and write CD+G discs by testing it with Power CD+G Burner Pro. You're going to need a different burner. I would recommend an external USB burner like the AGPtek USB 2.0.
suncitybob64

Post by suncitybob64 »

Wiseguy would so suggest the AGPtek USB 2.0 burner to solve my problem as well. It is my price range that's for sure.
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

suncitybob64 wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:45 pm Wiseguy would so suggest the AGPtek USB 2.0 burner to solve my problem as well. It is my price range that's for sure.
What is your problem?
suncitybob64

Post by suncitybob64 »

The one that is at the top if this subject.
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

suncitybob64 wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 1:53 am The one that is at the top if this subject.
If the problem is your burner, then yes.