Verbatim Discs

Karaoke disc copying software and CD burners.
Unlimited MP3+G Downloads
suncitybob64

Verbatim Discs

Post by suncitybob64 »

I have wasted probably over 30 Verbatim disc burning only 6. The last ones are 700MB 52 X 80 min. None of these 10 discs burned. The 6 that did burn have labels on them so I can not tell you the mb or speed but they are Verbatim.

I use the CD+G Burner 2 and burn both the Disc-at - once mode and the Session -at-once mode with the Disc at once i believe is better both at 1x

It was mentioned that it could be my burner on my 4 year old HP lap top. There is a AGPtek USB 2.0 Burner for under $30 that was recommended on another site for a similar problem for someone else and I am wondering if I should buy it because what do I have to lose but at the same time because Verbatim makes so many data and music disc I want to make sure that I buy the right ones. I bought one spindle and when I took the packing off of the outside they were all silver with no info at all. I took them back with out even trying them.
Thank you for listening.

AGPtek USB 2.0

wiseguy
Site Admin

Re: Verbatim Discs

Post by wiseguy »

If it were a problem with your burner it would not successfully burn some discs but not others. Only use the Verbatim data CD-R discs and not the music designated ones. While Verbatim is a quality brand it's not the only one. HP and Sony CD-R discs work equally well and are generally cheaper. Make sure you always use CD-R and never CD-RW.
suncitybob64

Re: Verbatim Discs

Post by suncitybob64 »

I do use CD-R and make sure that they are both for data and music so I get the lyrics.