Computer karaoke player

Discuss CD+G's, VCD's, song book creators, and any other karaoke related software.
hskrfan

Computer karaoke player

Post by hskrfan »

VanBasco is probably the best karaoke player for the computer i have found. http://www.vanbasco.com/ You can search for music with or with out the lyrics. I use this for practice :D [/url]

wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

VanBasco is probably the best karaoke player for the computer i have found.
Good player for midi karaoke files, but midi karaoke is obsolete. The present and future of computer karaoke is in the MP3+G and a few other formats.
Muckraker

Post by Muckraker »

Sax N Dotty's Show Presenter is OK for CD+G's, but MTU's Hoster is the top selling software.
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

Muckraker wrote:Sax N Dotty's Show Presenter is OK for CD+G's, but MTU's Hoster is the top selling software.
Hoster may be the best selling but Sax N Dotty's Show Presenter and the software I use, RoxBox are easier to use especially during a show. Try typing sc8125-11 into hoster and hitting enter instead of book id and getting a result.

With either SND and Roxbox you only have to hit enter or even let it auto find with a find as you type interface which both SND and RoxBox both have.
mediacommands

Post by mediacommands »

Another choice is Media Commands:

http://www.mediacommands.com

the wonderful thing is it can overlay animated lyrics (LRC / KAR / CDG) on image, 3D animation and video in real-time.

Anthony

--------------------
Media Commands - A super media player for synchronizing and playing media files (audio, image, video, animation, text, lyrics, subtitles) simultaneously in real-time.
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

mediacommands wrote:Another choice is Media Commands:

http://www.mediacommands.com

the wonderful thing is it can overlay animated lyrics (LRC / KAR / CDG) on image, 3D animation and video in real-time.

Anthony

--------------------
Media Commands - A super media player for synchronizing and playing media files (audio, image, video, animation, text, lyrics, subtitles) simultaneously in real-time.
downloading this and installing creates adware on computer. This program should not be reckommended.
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

downloading this and installing creates adware on computer. This program should not be reckommended.
The download page clearly states that the free version is ad supported. Anyone with any internet experience knows that this means adware. They are not trying to hide anything and I will allow the post to remain.
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

wiseguy wrote:
The download page clearly states that the free version is ad supported. Anyone with any internet experience knows that this means adware. They are not trying to hide anything and I will allow the post to remain.
My antivirus won't allow adware to be installed so there is no way to test before buying and I won't buy before I test. I have wasted enough money on programs to have developed the idea that if you can't test it it isn't worth buying. It's one of the reasons i feel PCDJ KJ isn't worth buying.
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

My antivirus won't allow adware to be installed so there is no way to test before buying and I won't buy before I test. I have wasted enough money on programs to have developed the idea that if you can't test it it isn't worth buying. It's one of the reasons i feel PCDJ KJ isn't worth buying.
You could always disable the antivirus long enough to install and test the program but that's something that I personally wouldn't do. These companies that release ad supported or feature limited demos have to be losing a lot of sales. I too need to be able to test ALL the features of a program before I will buy it.
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

Just what I thought a worthless program that installs adware. Does not work with real karaoke formats, just the toy midi ones that no real Host would use.
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

Just what I thought a worthless program that installs adware. Does not work with real karaoke formats, just the toy midi ones that no real Host would use.
So they lied? The site states "supports CD+G graphical lyrics (MP3+G, OGG+G, WMA+G, WAV+G)".
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

wiseguy wrote:
So they lied? The site states "supports CD+G graphical lyrics (MP3+G, OGG+G, WMA+G, WAV+G)".
but it doesn't work with mp3+g because I tried to play one of my files after unzipping it and the mp3 palyed but no lyrics even though a video screen did pop up.
mediacommands

Official Statements from Media Commands

Post by mediacommands »

Official Statements from Media Commands:

Media Commands is not a traditional Karaoke software, it is a super media player trying a new approach for creating new Karaoke experience. So some operations may be different from other players. It is up to you to decide whether or not we are liars.

Anybody who can't live with adware and is serious about testing our software, please contact us at http://www.mediacommands.com/contact.html and ask for a full-featured time-limited version (online registration required).

We do accept and reply to "friendly" criticism, but sure not "malicious" comments.

The Media Commands Support Team
-------------------------------------------
Talking is nothing, doing is the best.
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

Official Statements from Media Commands:

Media Commands is not a traditional Karaoke software, it is a super media player trying a new approach for creating new Karaoke experience. So some operations may be different from other players. It is up to you to decide whether or not we are liars.

Anybody who can't live with adware and is serious about testing our software, please contact us at http://www.mediacommands.com/contact.html and ask for a full-featured time-limited version (online registration required).
If you have a "full-featured time-limited version" then why don't you offer that instead of an adware installing version? You must be aware that people despise adware.
We do accept and reply to "friendly" criticism, but sure not "malicious" comments.
The members of this forum have the right to express their opinion on any subject or product. If, in their opinion, a product is worthless then they may say so. You also have the right to defend any negative comments made about your product.
mediacommands

Post by mediacommands »

wiseguy wrote:If you have a "full-featured time-limited version" then why don't you offer that instead of an adware installing version?
Good question ! So you are asking why we (supposed to be rational people :-)) are doing something irrational. The answer is either we are crazy or what we are doing is not that irrational. Here are 2 major reasons for bundling Media Commands with adware:
wiseguy wrote:You must be aware that people despise adware.
1) But our statistics show the opposite, and people don't act according to what they say. Just in this forum, somebody already told you that he really hated adware, but he still dared to install Media Commands and tried it out. So bundling with adware doesn't create any problem for getting downloads. Our main concern is whether we can offer something new, useful and valuable to our users. From this point of view, Media Commands is no different from other software products.

2) There are lots of people who want to use Media Commands, but can't pay for it for many different reasons especially in the Third World Countries. We don't want to reject people at our door. So to be fair, user should pay either directly or indirectly through advertising.

Anyway, here is our bottom line: the adware that is bundled with Media Commands should be well-behaved, shouldn't do anything like a spyware and must have an acceptable limited number of ads per day.
wiseguy wrote:The members of this forum have the right to express their opinion on any subject or product. If, in their opinion, a product is worthless then they may say so. You also have the right to defend any negative comments made about your product.
We don't consider "worthless" as "malicious". You will understand what we are talking about when you encounter people who just repeat their statements again and again like a recorder no matter what you say to them. To some people, sometimes silence is the best answer.

Anthony

Below is not advertising:
----------------------------
Media Commands isn't a best-selling product, but a new and useful product.