.kar files to cd+g

Discuss CD+G's, VCD's, song book creators, and any other karaoke related software.
How to Build a Home Karaoke System
azsmiley

.kar files to cd+g

Post by azsmiley »

I just downloaded a free software to practice my karaoke-ing (is that a word) on my pc and I started wondering. I want to make a song I know into a karaoke track. The program saves the files as .kar files. Now, this song I want to do isn't on any karaoke disc as of yet that I can find (and I have looked extensively) so is there a way to burn this song on to a disc and be able to play it at my friends show on a regular karaoke player (not pc)?

wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

I want to make a song I know into a karaoke track. The program saves the files as .kar files. Now, this song I want to do isn't on any karaoke disc as of yet that I can find (and I have looked extensively) so is there a way to burn this song on to a disc and be able to play it at my friends show on a regular karaoke player (not pc)?
This would be possible using a combination pf processes but it really would not be practical. The .kar format uses midi background music which is ok for practicing a song at home on your PC but is definitely not ok to use out in a public karaoke performance. No self-respecting KJ would even play a track containing midi music.
azsmiley

Post by azsmiley »

Actually, it uses midi and mp3 files. I, personally am using mp3.
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

Two questions. What is the name of the song you are wanting to make into a karaoke track? Do you have a good mp3 backing track for the song?
azsmiley

Post by azsmiley »

wiseguy wrote:
Two questions. What is the name of the song you are wanting to make into a karaoke track? Do you have a good mp3 backing track for the song?
The song is Korn- Hollow Life. I ripped the mp3 straight from the disc. There are quite a few other songs I want to sing to that I haven't found yet in karaoke format. I have the cd's to make an mp3 from at least. I just can't think of names of songs right now, not to mention I am at work.
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

I ripped the mp3 straight from the disc.
So, are you removing the lead vocals from the track with some software? I know from experience that this does not work well with most songs.
azsmiley

Post by azsmiley »

wiseguy wrote:
I ripped the mp3 straight from the disc.
So, are you removing the lead vocals from the track with some software? I know from experience that this does not work well with most songs.
Well actually, all I have been trying to do is take the song and synchronize lyrics to it and burn it to disc to play in a karaoke machine. With or without the vocals isn't really the issue, because with the vocals, you have something to "tune" yourself to and you can always use the karaoke machine (most of them anyway) to remove vocals upon playing.

I just want to create cd+g discs with songs not available through the common market.

Wiseguy, on a different note (and totally off subject) I notice you list yourself as a West Virginian. My wife & I are planning on moving out that way. We have relatives in Huntington. Either there or Kentucky if I can transfer, otherwise I guess it's up for grabs where I go depending on a job. Know of any? :lol:
powerkaraoke

Post by powerkaraoke »

Try PowerKaraoke -- it is a CD+G making software. If you need video karaoke, try Power Video Karaoke. And both of them will convert MIDI karaoke into CD+G or video karaoke.
azsmiley

Post by azsmiley »

powerkaraoke wrote:Try PowerKaraoke -- it is a CD+G making software. If you need video karaoke, try Power Video Karaoke. And both of them will convert MIDI karaoke into CD+G or video karaoke.
Been there, done that. (Boy that saying is old) I tried the demo d/l, and I like it up until the part I tried to burn it to cd. All I got is music. Nero Toolz says my burner is DAO96 compatible and reads cd+g cd's, but I had no luck. Has anything changed since last winter in the software that it might work now?
powerkaraoke

Post by powerkaraoke »

What drive are you using? Power CD+G Burner has improved since, so you might give it one more try.