.wav files

Discuss CD+G's, VCD's, song book creators, and any other karaoke related software.
Unlimited MP3+G Downloads
MollyBaloney

.wav files

Post by MollyBaloney »

I'm trying to make my own cdg for a halloween party we are doing at a bar. I am using cdgcreator. I have the .bmp file made with my paint program. I would like to add some "scary" sounds to it for the .wav. I downloaded some but when i try to add it in cdgcreator it tells me Invalid WAVE format, must be 44.1 khz/16 bit/stereo. Okay, is there a way to convert or a place to download ready made wavs which will work?

Thanks

Smile...it's the first sign of peace.
Sherry
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

I downloaded some but when i try to add it in cdgcreator it tells me Invalid WAVE format, must be 44.1 khz/16 bit/stereo. Okay, is there a way to convert or a place to download ready made wavs which will work?
You simply need to resample the the files. This is easy to do with the Windows Sound Recorder that comes with Windows. Open the Sound Recorder (should be located in your start menu - programs - accessories). Go to File and Open and then browse to a wav file that needs to be resampled. Select the wav file and click the Open button which will load it into the Sound Recorder. Now go to File and select Save As... In this panel click on the Change button. In the Name: field dropdown select CD Quality. This should cause the Attributes: field to read 44,100 Mz, 16 Bit, Stereo. Click the OK button and then Save the file. You will overwrite the original if you don't save it to another folder. Repeat this procedure with each file that needs to be resampled. These files should now work with cdgcreator.
MollyBaloney

Post by MollyBaloney »

Thank you so much. It sounds simple. I will try it now. I did get PowerKaraoke pro to do what I want except i'm having trouble at the end (even tho it doesn't show on my work screen) when i play it back it says powerkaraoke...over and over...it's driving me nuts. So I'm gonna try the cdgcreator again. Thanks so much again. If you have any ideas why powerkaraoke does this crazy stuff i would sure appreciate it.

Thanks
Sherry
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

If you have any ideas why powerkaraoke does this crazy stuff i would sure appreciate it.
Are you using a registered version of PowerKaraoke? If not then it will do this until registered. What exactly are you trying to accomplish? I may be able to suggest an easier way.
MollyBaloney

Post by MollyBaloney »

Well..I'm trying to make a cdg with a "Welcome to" with our names on it and thought about putting a list of rules. We have a Halloween party next month and would like to put some messages on the screen with scary music behind it to put on maybe 15 minutes before we start our show.

As far as powerkaraoke...it is supposed to be registered...but when i put in info it doesn't do anything...I mean it doesn't acknowledge that's i've put the info in.

I can make a short version of what i'm trying to do without the powerkaraoke showing up.

Thanks for you help
Sherry
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

I've created this type of disc before to display contest details. It's actually fairly easy to do. I need to know if you have a CDG compatible CD writer. If you don't know, just give me the make and model and I'll look it up.