Home Karaoke speaker recommendation...

Your comments, questions, or opinions on any karaoke related hardware.
cpmame

Home Karaoke speaker recommendation...

Post by cpmame »

Hi guys

Does anyone did side-by-side hearing comparison on the following 4 speakers? In term of performance, reliability, and overall feeling, how would you rank these speakers?
BMB CS450V, 450W
BMB CS252V, 250W
Acesonic SP-450, 300W
RSQ SR-350, 350W
API K-900, 250W

I only have chance to compare the first 4 side by side and here is what I think.
Rank#1. BMB CS450V, 450W
- good balance between high and low
- sound great but most expensive compared to the rest
- reliable brand, you guys agree?

Rank#2. Acesonic SP-450, 300W
- sound pretty close to #1, but $150 cheaper
- price/performance is very tempting, but not sure about the reputation of this speaker, any idea?
- does anyone have bad experience with this brand?

Rank#3. RSQ SR-350, 350W
- the spec on paper looks pretty good, or even better than the first 2
- but lack of high compared to the first 2, hmm... could it be the faulty speaker or bad connection?
- for those who had evaluated this, please share your experience

Rank#4. BMB CS252V, 250W
- don't feel a thing after hearing the first 3
- smallest size, looks more comfy for home use
- at this price, my choice tend to lean toward Acesonic.

I just compared the API and BMB CS450, but didn't have the chance to hear the API with other speakers side by side.

Here is what I think about the API K-900
- clear vocal sound
- but lack of bass, less emphasis on the background music, not sure if this type of speaker is preferred for karaoke...
- those who is in the karaoke bussiness, what do you think?

What about you guys? Please share your experience...

Besides, I also realize that these speakers look bulky, and could distract the look of the living room. Just wondering is there any good/modern looking karaoke speaker around $200-$300 a pair? There are many great looking speaker out there, but I just not sure how they performance in Karaoke....

Regard

wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

Personally, I use much larger speakers than these in my professional setup. I do know a couple of KJs that use the BMB CS-450V's for their smaller venues and they do a very good job. I don't know of any "designer" type PA speakers that would blend into a living room setting.
cpmame

Post by cpmame »

Hi wiseguy,
I found good price on these 3 speakers, they are at the same price. Which one do you recommend? Thanks

BMB CS-262V (350W)
Acesonic SP-450 (350W)
API K-900 (250W)
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

I've only had the opportunity to hear the BMB's in an actual karaoke setting and they seemed to do a very good job.
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

BMB has been around for a while. They were the original manufacturers of Nikkodo.
I've yet to hear negatives on their equipment. Considered one of their players when I was starting out with Karaoke. Sometimes I wish I went that route than to start out Laser Based at a time CDG was about to take off.
cpmame

Post by cpmame »

Hi guys, really appreciate your input. Thanks a lot! I think this is extremely good deal for BMB speaker. Just for sharing, this is too good to be true...

http://store.singtronic.com/nicspr400wav.html
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

You have to question anything that is "too good to be true". It's seems a bit odd to me that this company goes by several different names. Some are bmbkaraokestore.com, karaokepackage.com, karaoke-store.com, and singtronic.com. These stores are also the only places where that model of the BMB speakers can be found. I've never heard of the CS-262V model.

It very well may be on the up and up but maybe you should do a little investigating before you send these guys any money.
cpmame

Post by cpmame »

Thanks for the advice wiseguy... it seems weird to me too because the BMBkaraoke.com doesn't have that model too, as their logo appear to be slightly different as well.

The sale rep said that is the latest model from BMB, but have no idea why the info on BMB website was not updated... hmm... will go check out the store then.
cpmame

Post by cpmame »

Does anyone know if STUDIO monitor will sound even better in karaoke?
billy2908

Post by billy2908 »

The official website for BMB is www.bmbkaraoke.com however, I see that these 3 sites singtronic.com karaoke-store.com and bmbkaraokestore.com is like he says only they sell the CS262. The official site doesn't have it. The bmbkaraokestore.com lies and say that they are official site with that kind design. Just take a look at www.bmbkaraoke.com and www.bmbkaraokestore.com.