Need to convert Karaoke file formats ??

Discuss CD+G's, VCD's, song book creators, and any other karaoke related software.
monkieknuts

Need to convert Karaoke file formats ??

Post by monkieknuts »

Hi all,
Just stumbled across the forum & it seems a great place to be !
I have run a karoke show / mobile disco for numerous years & have always used Wincdg Pro as an operating system. I Really fancy a change of software & have been considering Sax N Dottys, However all my karaoke files on my hard drive are inWincdg Format (KMF Files I Think ?).
Is there any software out there so i convert my KMF files to MP3+G ?

Many thanks in Advance !

Regards
Dale :D

wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

Hi Dale and welcome to the forum!

It seems to me that Elite Conversion Tools is what you need.
monkieknuts

Post by monkieknuts »

Hi again,
many thanks for your response !
do you have any idea if the conversion tool you mention would be included in Tricera swift elite hoster or does it have to be purchased seperatley ?

Thanks again
Dale !!!
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

monkieknuts wrote:Hi again,
many thanks for your response !
do you have any idea if the conversion tool you mention would be included in Tricera swift elite hoster or does it have to be purchased seperatley ?

Thanks again
Dale !!!
I can understand your decision to change software, I too started with a tricerasoft product, but never got to the point of having my files in KMF format. As to Elite Tools, it can be purchased separately. May I suggest going with autokdj iinstead of S&D. You'll be able to load as many songs for the same singer and the program will work your rotation for you. It is also freeware. you only need to download autokdj and winamp while there are several downloads and install to getting S&D running. with S&D you need the S&D frontend, MDAC 2.8, winamp, Mp3+G plugin and pacemaker plugin.
What might be a cool feature is that it has the ability to link you to tricerasoft's storefront so that a cutomer asks you for a song and yopu're setup with a wifi card, you can actually purchase and download and within five minutes have the song cued up for your patron. the website is www.autokdj.com and they have a program that will allow your customers to enter their own songs via a networked computer.
monkieknuts

Post by monkieknuts »

Hi,
Thanks for the advice, its greatly appreciated. My heads a swirl with all this, although autokdj looks excellent, looking at the home page it dosent support KMF files. So it looks like the 1st thing i have to do is sort out the conversion of my files !

Why i ask does Triceasoft's Swift elite have a built in converter to change my files to another format is, a friend has a copy of Tricerasoft i may be able to borrow to install on my pc, Just so i can convert the files back and not have to buy the ripper !

Many thanks for all your suggestions, help & advice.

Regards
Dale
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

Why i ask does Triceasoft's Swift elite have a built in converter to change my files to another format is, a friend has a copy of Tricerasoft i may be able to borrow to install on my pc, Just so i can convert the files back and not have to buy the ripper !
Yes, Swift Elite does contain conversion tools. I suppose I should mention that it is illegal for your friend to allow you to install his copy of the program on your computer.
monkieknuts

Post by monkieknuts »

Hi again, I understand its illegal as you state. But its only to convert my hardrive over, the software wont be used for any public performance etc.

Thanks again
Regards
Dale
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

Hi again, I understand its illegal as you state. But its only to convert my hardrive over, the software wont be used for any public performance etc.
Personally, I don't care what you do. It's none of my business. I just thought that I would point out that it is illegal for you to install your friend's copy of the software on your computer, for any purpose.