hook ups

Your comments, questions, or opinions on any karaoke related hardware.
darcar

hook ups

Post by darcar »

I have a cavs203g I need to get a pair of speakers and maybe a mixer/amplifier. But I was wondering how they hook up my player has a 2 channel hook up but it hooks up with rca type plug ins do all speakers and mixer/amplifiers have the same hook up or do I need something special. I dont want to buy speakers and they only have like car speaker wire

DanG2006

Re: hook ups

Post by DanG2006 »

darcar wrote:I have a cavs203g I need to get a pair of speakers and maybe a mixer/amplifier. But I was wondering how they hook up my player has a 2 channel hook up but it hooks up with rca type plug ins do all speakers and mixer/amplifiers have the same hook up or do I need something special. I dont want to buy speakers and they only have like car speaker wire
You definately haveto get a mixer/amplifier and speakers. Some mixers use RCA and some use 1/4" line inputs. I use a VocoPro DA-1000 mixer and a SoundTech PA800 amplifier. The Voco pro is RCA but the amp is 1/4" inputs so I had to go out and get adapters so I cound conncet them. If your mixer has both the RCA and 1/4" inputs I'd get the adapters that are needed to convert to 1/4 as those inputs require less power than the RCA inputs.