wattage

Your comments, questions, or opinions on any karaoke related hardware.
darcar

wattage

Post by darcar »

Well I have another ? on speakers . On the speaker watts some will say 300rms and 1000 peak what does this mean. Also how much watts is needed for like a bar and how much for outside I live on a farm and the closest neighbor is 3/4 mile away so sometimes I would like to crank it up. One more thing 2 way or 3 way

wiseguy
Site Admin

Re: wattage

Post by wiseguy »

darcar wrote:Well I have another ? on speakers . On the speaker watts some will say 300rms and 1000 peak what does this mean. Also how much watts is needed for like a bar and how much for outside I live on a farm and the closest neighbor is 3/4 mile away so sometimes I would like to crank it up. One more thing 2 way or 3 way
For most bars and halls you can get by with a pair of 15" 2-way speakers with a nominal power rating of 200 watts. I prefer JBL's. Outdoors is a different story. There are no acoustics outdoors (nothing for sound to bounce off of) and volume drops off quickly. To effectively cover a a large area you will need multiple speakers place in strategic areas and a very powerful amp.
Unlimited MP3+G Downloads