What sort of screen do i need?

Your comments, questions, or opinions on any karaoke related hardware.
How to Build a Home Karaoke System
dj chids

What sort of screen do i need?

Post by dj chids »

Can someone help me please, i have amp, karaoke player, speakers, mic, etc, what sort of screen do i need to project the words? will an old projector screen do and what equipment do i need to project these words. A lot of questions,maybe someone can help!! Thank you.

wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

Can someone help me please, i have amp, karaoke player, speakers, mic, etc, what sort of screen do i need to project the words? will an old projector screen do and what equipment do i need to project these words.
You can display the lyrics with any color television, big screen tv, computer monitor, or anything else that will accept a video or VHF signal. The video out of your player (usually a single RCA connection) can be connected directly to a source (tv, monitor, etc..) that has an RCA video input. For televisions that do not have this type of connection, you can add an RF modulator that will convert the video signal to VHF and allow you to use a standard coaxial cable.
Unlimited MP3+G Downloads
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

I use a simple 13" TV with an RCA input so I don't need the rf Modulator.
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

I use a simple 13" TV with an RCA input so I don't need the rf Modulator.
You don't always need an RF modulator but you always need to have one with you for the times when you need to tap into a bar's cable system to display on their tv screens.
dj chids

Post by dj chids »

Thank you very much for your replys,will go ahead and do something you have advised. Thanks again
DJ Chids
Kind Regards
Take Care.
DJ Chids.
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

And if you hook up to multiple bar TVs, you also need to have an RF amplifier to boost the signal strength.