Anyone know what songbook software this is?

Discuss CD+G's, VCD's, song book creators, and any other karaoke related software.
Lolli2

Anyone know what songbook software this is?

Post by Lolli2 »

First of all I'd like to say great site!
Anyway, we used to get our music updates for the Cavs system from a business and they also used to send us the song books on a cd to print out. They can't be edited, just printed. We have about 23,000 songs. The books were 202 pages. We have KJ Pro, but even narrowing the margins, the books are 299 pages. The difference I see is that KJ Pro puts a line between every song. The software that we used to just print out doesn't. It uses periods to go from the song to the #. Anyone know what software was used to make this book? I've searched all over the web.
Thanks in advance!
Laura
Image[/code]

DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

Gotta be Cavs as the jb199 info is in the right hand top corner.
I Personally do not think it looks professional to me the way the change of columns. I prefer Songlist Generator from latshaws systems.
Unlimited MP3+G Downloads
Lolli2

Post by Lolli2 »

I actually really like them. We used KJ Pro before we got the Cavs system, but we only had 5,000 songs then so the books weren't too big. Now it's add 100 extra pages. Do you know where I can get the Cav's book software. I've been searching Cav's website and I don't see it. Unless the place that made it just put that up in the corner because thats the system we're running.
Thanks!
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

If you have 23,000 song titles in your books you HAVE to be listing a lot of duplicate songs (same song by same artist but different brand disc). Select the version of a song that you like the best and scrap the others.

You can print out a similar "by artist" list, like in your image, with KJ Pro. I use KJ Pro for my songbooks printing in the "Title - 2 columns" format.
Lolli2

Post by Lolli2 »

We originally bought the Cavs system from a place called Star Music. There were some duplicates, but no more than 2 versions of each song. One usually being Sound Choice and one other version. Not all songs had duplicates. We just took out all the duplicates and still have about 21,000 songs. We love KJ Pro, but it puts a line between each song and this makes it more pages. A lot more pages. We actually print front and back, but it's 100 more pages with KJ Pro because of the lines taking up extra space. We're trying to keep the books a little smaller and lighter. Right now we're using 2" binders. If we could figure out what program that is, it should be about 200 pages total with us updating the new songs and taking out all of the duplicates.
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

Lolli2 wrote:I actually really like them. We used KJ Pro before we got the Cavs system, but we only had 5,000 songs then so the books weren't too big. Now it's add 100 extra pages. Do you know where I can get the Cav's book software. I've been searching Cav's website and I don't see it. Unless the place that made it just put that up in the corner because thats the system we're running.
Thanks!
I believe that you will have to purchase their JB199 to get the program. It isn't available as a standalone product.
But trying to remember the artist in the other column is a pain in the you know where, not to mention in my opinion unprofessional looking - have the same attitude against KJPRO when using multiple columns as they have a habit of not listing the artist when their songs move to the next column or page due to amount of song titles. Only three software programs out there, one disc system friendly and two computer based systems, look better than KJRO and the above cavs and they are Fast Tracks, SongList Generator and RoxBox. RoxBox you have to purchase the player to use their program, but one can set the look up to look like Fast Tracks or Songlist Generator's two column format. Songlist Generator allows for single, Double and Triple columns if you so choose. Both Songlist Generator and RoxBox works off of the filenames on your computer to generate their data as they don't contain their own database but scan the hard drive for the songs. Songlist GEnerator can also generate a list of your DJ songs if you are a pc based DJ.
Lolli2

Post by Lolli2 »

We did purchase the JB199 but didn't get the program. I downloaded the trial of Songlist Generator but can't figure out how to import my Excel file into it. It only seems to find MP3 or music files. We have the song list saved to an Excel file. Do you know if there's any way to do this?
Thanks for all the help btw.
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

Try Fast tracks as it will take a csv file and create a database out of that.
http://www.karaokeware.com/