Questions about speakers for home karaoke.

Your comments, questions, or opinions on any karaoke related hardware.
How to Build a Home Karaoke System
rustedteg

Questions about speakers for home karaoke.

Post by rustedteg »

Hi, I've been searching a reading and somewhat understand what I need. I've looked at some pa systems such as the Squier4 and Kustom, but their speakers are just too big for my living room and my wife think it would make our room look ugly.

Anyways, I saw these and think it would be great. (size and design) But from what I understand, monitor speakers aren't very good with live vocal. Eventhough JBL says it's designed for karaoke, I'm still unsure. Please let me know what you guys think about these.

Model: JBL RM10
link: http://www.jbl.com/home/products/produc ... FS&ser=MON

Quick Description:
With the JBL RM10 2-Way 10" Dual-Tweeter Monitor lets you hear your favorite rock CD or the sounds of your favorite popcorn-shattering action movie. This incredibly powerful monitor engages your ears and entertains your brain. Frequency Response - 40Hz - 20 KHz (-3 dB) Crossover Frequency - 1.7 KHz 10 woofer with high-temperature voice coil Dual 3 cone tweeters with high-temperature voice coil Special polyswitch protects voice coils from untrained, over-the-top performers Left and right high-frequency Protective circuitry prevents blown tweeters.

Thanks in advance

wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

Being that JBL is my favorite brand of speaker, and the fact that you are going to be using these in a living room setting, I think these speakers will do an excellent job.
letitrip

Post by letitrip »

You could fill a small dive bar with those, so in your Livingroom they'll do great. JBL happen to be some of the finest speakers out there in my opinion. I don't know of anything they sell that I would deem as crap.
Let It Rip Karaoke
DJ Tony
http://www.letitripkaraoke.com
rustedteg

Post by rustedteg »

JBL is one of the finest brand out there and I love them. I just don't know if these speakers are any good for karaoke. I see that they do have voice coil and tweeter protection so i'm assuming they are "made" for vocal.
Thanks guys, you have been very direct and helpful.