Going Computerized

Discuss CD+G's, VCD's, song book creators, and any other karaoke related software.
How to Build a Home Karaoke System
Marlena

Going Computerized

Post by Marlena »

I have had so much feedback on going computerized that my head is spinning.

So I ask for more! I know i'm crazy.

Here's What I want:

A program to host with which includes:

1) able to play from zip format
2) able to load at least 4 singers in advance
3) scrolls across the bottom of the karaoke screen who is up next.
4) something that keeps my list of singers in it.
5) an "easy search" for files so i can load them.

Does ANyone use a program like this already?

ALso, what is the deal with Song List Generator?
anyone used it or tried it? is it any good? do files have to have a certain way of naming them?

Right now I type My Books By Hand, Which I kinda like. I hate KSLC with a passion, how is KJpro in comparison?

Is Computer more work than Regular karaoke?

In A laptop, What exactly do I need For hardware? I've heard talk about a second video and sound card? is it true? and why do I need them?

Can you not just run split screen format with a TV as your second monitor for your computer?

WHen Your Using a Laptop, how is your music Catologued on your computer? what do you folders look like? Are they by disk #? Are they Spilt into song Titles? or By Artist?

Wow it just seems I'm overwhelmed and lost. Can anyone sort this out for me?

Marlena

Shooter13

computer

Post by Shooter13 »

compuhost does pretty much everything you are looking for. The only down side of it is that I think it costs somewhere around $180. It has a good search feature but it wont search as you type. Something they should think about doing in a future release.

I couldn't tell you about comparing reg karaoke to computer. I have no experience with regular. I do know that I am about sick of ripping cds.

My laptop is a recondidtioned one I got from dell
a Dell D600 with a good processor and memory. It has dual video out already. I run the hosting stuff on the laptops screen and run either SVGA or S video out to the monitors depending on what I am using. It only has one video card but make sure the one it has supports dual video.

I use the built in sound card and it works fine.

I ripped all of my music with CDGRip made by the same people as compuhost. i also bought their songbook creator program so for the most part it names files for me. It is perfect stuff. i am having to work through a few issues of songs that skip after they have been ripped. That may have more to do with my drive than their software. It names files by disc ID - artist - title. however you can change it to anyway you want it organized. It also prints your songbooks for you. Pretty convenient stuff!
Marlena

Post by Marlena »

Fantastic ty for the info!