Building Song List

Anything that doesn't fit in another category.
Unlimited MP3+G Downloads
Newbie07

Building Song List

Post by Newbie07 »

Hi,
Is there a website where I can find the most popular / requested karaoke songs. I would like to have a decent amount of songs to fit everyone's taste. Is there a basic starter pack?

Thanks for the help

wyndy

Post by wyndy »

What are you trying to accomplish with that information?

The karaoke cdg websites can tell you what are the most popular discs that are selling now. However, because something is a hot seller today doesn't say anything about it's staying power.

IMO what is most requested at one karaoke venue can be differ completely from another venue. Some places have more country singers than others. Some places have more younger (rap/hip-hop) singers than others. Some places have more older (Sinatra/Elvis/Neil Diamond) singers.
letitrip

Post by letitrip »

Here's a thought, how about (along the spirit of wyndy's post) you ask your guests what songs they're looking for? Read your crowds, get to know the kinds of songs they like but also be very open and direct about looking for feedback regarding what songs they want that you don't have. I've yet to meet the karaoke singer who would be shy about telling the KJ what songs are "missing" from the book.
Let It Rip Karaoke
DJ Tony
http://www.letitripkaraoke.com
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

Newbie07 wrote:Hi,
Is there a website where I can find the most popular / requested karaoke songs. I would like to have a decent amount of songs to fit everyone's taste. Is there a basic starter pack?

Thanks for the help
You will probably want to start out with some of the packages. They contain a lot of the more popular song titles and cover most genres. The Sound Choice Foundation series packages are very good. You might also look into the Chartbuster Essential 450 collections. Be careful in your selection to not end up with a lot of duplicate songs. This page at Ace Karaoke lists most of these packages.
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

Supercore's pack has the most diverse selections between various genres such as Todays top 40, Tooday's Country, classic rock, classic country, 50's and 60's and standards that includes big band and crooner songs.
Newbie07

Post by Newbie07 »

:D Thanks so much for all the ideas. I'm just wanting to have a "little something" for everyone. I really like the one about asking friends. Did that the other day and already have a ton of emails--LOL. I do want to pick up some of the packs; its just a home deal I don't want it to get boring.
wyndy

Post by wyndy »

For diversity and lots of tracks get one of the Supercore packs