suicide karaoke

Anything that doesn't fit in another category.
Bruce

suicide karaoke

Post by Bruce »

On a recent night out I was invited to a table where a birthday party was going on and one of the singers was being asked to sing song after song that someone else had picked for him to sing. I was told that it was called suicide karaoke because he was not aware of even the title until after the song was playing. For me this put a much more party like atmosphere to what the singers normally do and I really enjoyed most of the evening. I would like to know more about this type of karaoke and if others have done it or irf there might be some kind of rules for games doing karaoke in this manner? Any Ideas would be helpful. Thank you. Bruce

Marlena

Post by Marlena »

yep.. i do something simular.. i do this

Print all categories on colored paper, such as:

Old Country - blue
new country - pink
oldies 50's & 60's - green
Oldies 70 & 80's - yellow
Pop - purple
Alternative - red
metal - white

then I cut them into strips which hold the song title artist and disk #

I put them in a 4 quart plastic jar. then if you want to play the game through the night you can come up and pick a paper according to the genre your interested in.

Also, I have a table of clients 25 - 30 who like it when i just pick categories for them. So at the beginning of the round i'll announce it, for instance "song Title or artist with a color in the name" and they pick the songs. eventually I have 3 or 4 tables getting involved. it also works well.

Just My Thoughts,
Marlena
Unlimited MP3+G Downloads
Bruce

Post by Bruce »

Thank you, This is the type of idea that might work in my place.
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

I have someone hand in a slip with their name and the word Kamakazi on it and I know to press the kamakazi button for them and it allows the computer to choose out of all my songs what song they have to sing.
When I was disc based, I would go to a person at one table and get a disc number that was between 1 and my highest disc number. I then went to another table and did the same for the track number and that is what they had to sing.
Most hilarious Suicide song anyone ever got was "I'm a little Tea Pot" and he sang it too.