Wireless headset mikes

Your comments, questions, or opinions on any karaoke related hardware.
Unlimited MP3+G Downloads
smoky

Wireless headset mikes

Post by smoky »

Last week I ordered the Shure PG/14 PG/30 wireless headset system from Musician's Friend. I have always considered Shure as the Rolls Royce of microphone systems.

I am very disappointed with the quality of the sound. It has very little "presence". It is worse than my least expensive wireless handheld system, the Pro 2. What an unhappy surprise.

Is anyone else disappointed with the Shure 14/30 combo? Or maybe I just got a bad one?

Any other recommendations? I love working with a headset... leaves both hands free to manipulate my equipment. The 14/30 would be OK for just announcements between songs, but definitely not for quality singing.

The only thing I liked was the price... discounted to about $250.

I see a Nady that comes with 3 handhelds and one headset for about $350. That would be nice to have all those extra handhelds, but I can't imagine it would offer all that much and have a quality better than the Shure.

I am willing to go as high as $500 if I could get sound equal to my Pro 2 handhelds. I would love to get some recommendations here.

Thanks

smoky

Post by smoky »

Well I sent back the headset system today and turned down the opportunity to upgrade. I want to do ore research, beginning right here. So I am still looking for the best quality headset wireless mic I can purchase for around $500.

Ideas to look at?