Ticerasoft Justkaraoke!!!

Discuss CD+G's, VCD's, song book creators, and any other karaoke related software.
mitch the dj

Ticerasoft Justkaraoke!!!

Post by mitch the dj »

Being a digital kj/dj and after using various software packages I just stumbled upon Justkaraoke by Tricerasoft. This is excellent! The best part is that it keeps a singer history as well as many other features. I encourage everone to check out the demo. It only costs $24.99!!!!! Check it out and come back here and post your comments.

Mitch

DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

Tested the demo and I actually like it. thinking about buying it for myself. If it will work alongside winamp, it would be just what I need.
How to Build a Home Karaoke System
mitch the dj

Post by mitch the dj »

Why do you need winamp? It will play video and mp3 files also.
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

Actually JustKaroke is for just that- Karaoke. If I read their list of features right. You can't mix in filler with that one player. No prob for me as I still like winamp for my dj stuff and don't intend on switching from it. I set up a sample playlist for every venue I do and need the playlist capabilities that winamp has for my filler music. Doesn't mean the songs stay in their respective places as I move them around as I feel the room out.
mitch the dj

Post by mitch the dj »

No you can't mix filler. If you use 2 soundcards you can use one for justkaraoke and one for winamp though.
letitrip

Post by letitrip »

What mitch has suggested is how I do it. Right now I use AutoKDJ for my Karaoke through WinAmp (assigned to one card) and SAM Party DJ for my Filler or DJ music assigned to the second card. So my question to Mitch is can the output from JustKaraoke be assigned to a specific sound card or do I have to use the default sound card assignment to control which card it outputs to?
Let It Rip Karaoke
DJ Tony
http://www.letitripkaraoke.com
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

It has no assignable features other than the ones for announcing the singers automatically and whether or not to delete the singer's name out of the rotation if no songs are enqued for them. Still for what it does do. You would have to assign your dj program to the second sound card.
mitch the dj

Post by mitch the dj »

I use PCDJ, which allows me to assign a souncard. The cost of the software is $24.99! Well worth the money. It uses the same engine as other Swift software. By manipulating the "collections" file in the program folder, you can set up different collections and singer histories for different shows, this database can be opened in excel. This feature is an option on the interface of other Swift products, but they cost much more. You also can edit the "background" bitmap to display you company logo or whatever you like. This is new and I worked with Tricerasoft on a few ideas for features. It will remain simple to use until the "pro" version comes out a a later date. It may have some feature to add scroling information between songs but not much else. This ensures an attractive price point.
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

I'm not argueing the cost in fact with my next paycheck I'm gonna buy a couple of copies. I am trying to decide if building a new computer is more cost effective than getting one from my job already put together. Right now the job's units are winning as I can sell my original computer, after wiping the drive for what the new computer would cost me.
mitch the dj

Post by mitch the dj »

Are you talking about a laptop for karaoke?
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

mitch the dj wrote:Are you talking about a laptop for karaoke?
It's been done with MTU's software. I have even seen a company using PCDJ KJ with a laptop. In my case it is a needed switch as I have issues about weight on my left shoulder. I decided to go up a step in cost so I will not get an even trade when I sell my rackmount pc. although a planned event should cover the diffence. Already bought the laptop and it is more powerful than the rackmount. The actual computer I was lookng at was a desktop made by the same manufacturer as the laptop. Gave up an athlon 64 for an intel (the processor I trust most- had nothing but trouble with the last AMD processor with overheating issues).
letitrip

Post by letitrip »

I made the switch to a laptop as well. I had been using a rackmount PC but switched to a laptop as part of an overall size consolidation effort I'm going through. Bought a USB sound card for my second output and run both into the board on seperate channels to control Karaoke and House music from the board. Works great except that my USB Sound Card has started having problems lately.
Let It Rip Karaoke
DJ Tony
mitch the dj

Post by mitch the dj »

I use a laptop also with a usb soundcard for the 2nd stereo output and an external hd for my karoake. I hook the hd up to my home pc when I update music. I am all mp3+g now as it is more cost effective as well as easier to use. I download from tricerasoft at $1.49 a song. I figure if I spend 15-20$ a month I will have all the latest good stuff without the crap on cdg's. You can DL just the mp3 for $.99 and add the lyrics yourself. What other sites have others found to DL other than full disc torrents and newsgroups?
letitrip

Post by letitrip »

Well as far as legal downloads of MP3+G (which is the only way a KJ should be doing this) I know of three sites.

Tricerasoft (www.tricerasoft.com)
CAVS (www.cavsusa.com) *These maybe MCG format so you need a converter
Buy Karaoke Downloads (www.buykaraokedownloads.com)

As far as buying & downloading the Karaoke tracks alone (from Walmart Music or other sources) and then adding the lyrics, I'm not sure if there are any legal implications there or not. I would assume no, but you might want to double check to be sure.
Let It Rip Karaoke
DJ Tony
mitch the dj

Post by mitch the dj »

I would imagine that there are no legal issues. You are legally purchasing the track just the same as a mp3+g and it is Soundchoice etc.