what's the best software to use?

Discuss CD+G's, VCD's, song book creators, and any other karaoke related software.
strawberry jam

what's the best software to use?

Post by strawberry jam »

Hello everyone I a new member And I want to upgrade to digital karaoke and I need some opinions of which to use. I want to do it all from my laptop at my shows.

DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

You are going to get various answers from various users of digital karaoke software. Some will tell you to purchase expensive software like Video Hoster, PCDJ KJ or Compuhost while others will tell you that you need not overspend to get a professional solution. I happen to fall into the latter as the program I use only costs $24.95 to buy. I use JustKaraoke from Tricerasoft.com. They have a more expensive product that is equal to PCDJ KJ in features, which I may end up getting when I have run a few more shows, I like the idea of having one program to do all the work (DJ and Karaoke).
strawberry jam

software for karaoke

Post by strawberry jam »

now the justkaraoke program can you copy the cdgs they i have to my computer as well as download from the tricerasoft site on the spot when i need a song? oh and is it easy to use? thanks jill
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

Just Karaoke is fairly simple to use. As with any software program I always suggest test running when you're not running a show to get the feel of it. You do need a separate program to get the songs onto the hard drive. For this one I suggest looking at PowerKaraoke's cdg burner as it works with the most drives as well as having better importing quality. I have tried copying with KJripNzip and Power Karaoke's program and got better results with PowerKaraoke. I believe the website is www.powerkaraoke.com.
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

This question is like asking a kid, which donut do you like????
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

Okay I ran my first real show with JustKaraoke and man I had a BigDog night. back to back singers. Unlike Bigdog, I allow a certain amount of time to start the next singer's song so they can get up to sing (sometimes it's before the end credits end and sometimes it's not). The show went smoother than silk with the aid of the tools that Justkaraoke had. Adding songs to a singer's list was as easy as typing in the search criteria for the song, clicking on it and either typing in their name or clicking on their name as it appears below the type in box. and then you hit play when their turn comes up.
DJHITMAN29

Post by DJHITMAN29 »

Okay I guess all that being said and JustKaraoke doing what you need to be done,,,what would you now say IS the best "High End" karaoke software for someone still wanting to go that route? Is it PCDJ KJ or is it Tricerasofts software or,,,??? What's your input people??? :)
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

DJHITMAN29 wrote:Okay I guess all that being said and JustKaraoke doing what you need to be done,,,what would you now say IS the best "High End" karaoke software for someone still wanting to go that route? Is it PCDJ KJ or is it Tricerasofts software or,,,??? What's your input people??? :)
I've always used MTU's Video Hoster and probably always will. There is, however, a new entry into the hosting software lineup that looks to be very interesting. Siglos Karaoke Professional has a lot of great features.
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

I use Sax & Dottys 2.2. I like it. It's simple and doesn't have all the bells and whistles. I can run a continuous show. I'm not into crossfading and stuff. I fade out one song and start the next one. The only silence is the long title screen run up sometimes.
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

The best high end softaware in my opinion is CompuHost and I have started running it as the second night of running JustKaraoke with winamp I had to restart justKaraoker twice due to crashes. I blame incompatability between winamp and JustKaraoke in the soundcard area. Winamp has started to act up as well on it's own. Did a dj show where in the middle of the show winamp stopped recognizing all but one song. Had to switch to Compuhost to finish the night.
DJHITMAN29

Post by DJHITMAN29 »

I see nobody is sticking up for PCDJ KJ,,,do people think it's difficult to use or too expensive? Any input on this particular piece of software??? Thanks for all the replies so far,,,very useful!!! :)
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

I simply don't care for the user interface of PCDJ-KJ. I know of of few others who started using it but soon switched to something else. It is a complex application that is not very user friendly.
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

After experiancing issues with just PCDJ Red, I shy away from their products. PCDJ Red is finicky about what files it works with. Over half my DJ songs would not play in PCDJ Red yet play in other software fine. I can't have that happen with my Karaoker files much less my DJ music.
Right now the only software I trust happens to be CompuHost. I use it for DJ only Gigs as well as my Karaoke.
Kjo

Post by Kjo »

I use winamp v5.53 its free and most of the bugs seem to be ironed out now, pacemaker even runs smoothly as well tho i have upgrade my RAM as well which seemed too help. Its free and does the job. For sound effects i just use windows media player, been looking at swift elite but cant play the sound effects during tracks i think, will look at it a bit closer
venodos

Which Karaoke Software To Use

Post by venodos »

Software as as different as one reader described - like candies.

However, I have been doing Karaoke for over 5-years (Computer Karaoke) that is, and I have Sampled and tried almost all the known software.

When the dust setteled, I finally stuck with two.
My primary is KARAWIN, and my backup is Delmp3kok

I use Delmp3kok to create songs that are not commercially available
and they can be replayed with Karawin.

Karawin plays all commercial formats, inckuding .cdg, .mpg, .mid and .kok files
Reads Zipped files and plays from within the zipped files.

Karawin has a FREE version, and a commercial paid version is available.... It's worth the try.

SECONDLY:
You will need a copy of Audiograbber, this would enable you to rip your cdg's to your computer....

Hope this helps....
Veno DosSantos
Veno's Karaoke Studios

ps... I am not affiliated to any software manufacturer, this is just a helping hand.