Removing vocals from regular audio tracks

Discuss CD+G's, VCD's, song book creators, and any other karaoke related software.
How to Build a Home Karaoke System
Ariespoker

Removing vocals from regular audio tracks

Post by Ariespoker »

Is there software out there that does this? Thanks.

wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

Yes, but they don't usually do a very good job. Vocal reduction is not effective on all songs and always degrades the music to some extent. That being said, probably the most effective software for this is Vogone Advanced Vocal Eliminator.
Ariespoker

Post by Ariespoker »

thanks for the quick reply, wiseguy! it's much appreciated. i was given a marata karaoke machine as a gift. it has like 20K songs (mostly in chinese and other non-english languages). the only thing is it's missing a lot of songs i like and i can never get updates to current hits. hence my question.

i know you guys are kj's and other karoake professionals. i figured vocal elimination software is how some of you pros get your songs. since, based on your response, i no longer think it's the case, i have another question if you don't mind.

where do you get current hit karaoke songs? particularly with radio quality instrumentals.
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

I've never heard of the marata karaoke machine. What type of song files does it play? Will it play karaoke CDG discs?

You are right. Karaoke professionals do not use vocal reducers to create song tracks. We primarily use CDG discs or song tracks extracted from them to the MP3+G format. CDG sound tracks are created by studio musicians using real instruments.
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

wiseguy wrote:I've never heard of the marata karaoke machine. What type of song files does it play? Will it play karaoke CDG discs?

You are right. Karaoke professionals do not use vocal reducers to create song tracks. We primarily use CDG discs or song tracks extracted from them to the MP3+G format. CDG sound tracks are created by studio musicians using real instruments.
for the most part that is true with the exception of Early NUtech which used MIDI instrumentation.
Ariespoker

Post by Ariespoker »

wiseguy wrote:I've never heard of the marata karaoke machine. What type of song files does it play? Will it play karaoke CDG discs?
my mistake. it's called malata -- i don't have the box it came in anymore. i don't know if the machine plays cdg discs. my guess would be it doesn't since a buddy of mine bought me a karaoke cd (everyone knows how much i love karaoke) and the cd didn't work in my machine.
Ariespoker

Post by Ariespoker »

i'll also look into purchashing cdg discs-- which means i'll probably have to buy a new karaoke machine. but before i do, i'll post a request for assistance in the hardware section of this forum.
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

DanG2006 wrote:

for the most part that is true with the exception of Early NUtech which used MIDI instrumentation.
On what NuTech disc numbers did you find midi music? I have quite a few NuTech discs (distributor buyout many years ago) and none of them contain midi music.
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

Ariespoker wrote:
my mistake. it's called malata -- i don't have the box it came in anymore. i don't know if the machine plays cdg discs. my guess would be it doesn't since a buddy of mine bought me a karaoke cd (everyone knows how much i love karaoke) and the cd didn't work in my machine.
I'm finding conflicting information on the Malata karaoke machine(s). Some sites state that a certain model will play CDG discs while another site states that the same model doesn't. They all, however, agree that it plays midi files on DVD discs. What is the model number of your machine? It should be printed on the back.
Ariespoker

Post by Ariespoker »

i don't know the model. i'm in the middle of a house move and all of my stuff is in storage. i should get it out before the end of january. it would be great if my model plays cdg.
Ariespoker

Post by Ariespoker »

do you know which models play cdg?
sw00000p

Post by sw00000p »

ariespoker,

Hi, the Malata MDVD6838 Karaoke Player plays:
DVD CDG MIDI DIVX. Hope this helps!

Kind Regards,
sw00000p
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

According the Malata website:

The MDVD-6618 plays Midi DVD/DVD/VCD/CD/DVD±R/DVD±RW/CD-R/CD-RW/Kodak Picture CD

The MDVD-6819 plays Midi DVD, DVD, CD, CD-R, CD-RW, DVD

The MDVD-6838 plays Midi DVD/DVD/VCD/CD/WMA/DVD±R/DVD±RW/CD-R/CD-RW/Kodak Picture CD

According to this site the MDVD6619 is a MIDI / EVD / DVD / DivX / CDG Karaoke Player

This site says the MDVD6838 can play DVD, CD+G, MIDI, MP4 & DivX
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

wiseguy wrote:
DanG2006 wrote:

On what NuTech disc numbers did you find midi music? I have quite a few NuTech discs (distributor buyout many years ago) and none of them contain midi music.
I heard this from a friend of mine that use to work for them. The only thing not midi was the backing vocals or the guide vocals.
Ariespoker

Post by Ariespoker »

sw00000p wrote:ariespoker,

Hi, the Malata MDVD6838 Karaoke Player plays:
DVD CDG MIDI DIVX. Hope this helps!

Kind Regards,
sw00000p
thanks! i'll check it out when i get my machine out of storage.