What about a free program?

Discuss CD+G's, VCD's, song book creators, and any other karaoke related software.
Alkmenes

What about a free program?

Post by Alkmenes »

Can I write about a free program (completely free in the player version) that reads MID, KAR, Mp3, CD+g formats?

DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

Yes, in the software section it is all right to talk about any software that is involved in karaoke whether it's free or cost any money.
Alkmenes

Post by Alkmenes »

Ok, thanks for the answer.

So, let me talk about KARAOKE5.

you can find it at www.karaoke5.com and is a free program (free for the home version, that is substantially a player), and can read Mid, Kar, Mp3, CDG and Wav files.

If you wanto to buy the "unlock code" you can use it to synchronize your songs (adding text then hitting the RETURN key to give the rhythm to the words, of to the hyphenated words, as you like), and have some other features, as: Double screen (one for PC and one for the secondary monitor), several mixing effects, use of proprietary sound banks, and more.

Of course, in the free policy of the program, you are not due to buy the "unlock code" but you can get a "free recharge" just partecipating in the related forum. Of course is an Italian forum, but you can ask in the "English section" for an help or to get the free recharge code.

If you're interested, just try it. It's for free (really nothing is due, just a smile, if you like) :)
From Italy, with a song ;)
Alkmenes

Post by Alkmenes »

Oh.. I forgot to say that when you download the program, in the installation folder you'll find even the OWNER'S MANUAL (I've made the italian version and translated that one in english, so be nice, pleeeeeaze! :oops: ). That manual is in PDF format, so I guess that almost any PC can read it easily.

And if you got some problems feel free to ask.
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

I tried the Karaoke 5 software which appears to be an amateur programmer's attempt at a complex application. The user interface is a confusing mess and I never was able to successfully play an mp3+g song track. The program crashed several times while I was checking it out
Alkmenes

Post by Alkmenes »

Oh, I apologize, but it looks strange.

Is, of course, a freeware program, but I use it currently on night events, and I've got no problem with Mp3+g (Sound Choice, Legend series, Sunfly).

Maybe the user interface is not so "direct", I know, but is strange that the version actually online gave you so much problems with Mp3+g. Can I post a snapshot of my screen? On my PC (Xp based, 1Gb RAM, integrated video) it works great.
uaflyer

Post by uaflyer »

Hi All

I am new to this.

Wondering what other free programs might be out there to try before I possibly buy something more robust. Just need to play on my computer.

So from here, do I need a CD player that directly supports CD+G or does this software provide this capability ?

Cheers
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

There are many "Hosting" programs. Most of them have a trial version you can download free. They play only one minute of the songs. But you can get a feel for the controls and features.