Disc order

Anything that doesn't fit in another category.
Bigdog

Disc order

Post by Bigdog »

I ordered a few discs from a company on July 24.
I just received an email today that says the one disc I really wanted is no longer available. So they can not complete my order. Call them to discuss my refund or store credit.

However I received my credit card bill the other day and the money was already deducted.

What kind of company takes out the money well before they even know whether or not they have the disc available? Their prices were no bargin to begin with. But I wanted that disc.

wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

I can't believe it took them that long to inform you that they didn't have the disc. Very bad business practices there. This is why I trust only a select few online companies. Just out of curiosity, what was the disc they didn't have?
How to Build a Home Karaoke System
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

Monster Hits 1156

I think I found it on another site. They said my order is comfirmed so I'll have to see if the disc comes.

It contains the only version of Nicolet Larson's "Lotta Love."
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

Actually, that song appears on two CDG discs. Monster Hits MH1156 and Sound Choice SC7547. I have them both and the Sound Choice version sounds much better than the other. But I'm sure that's no big surprise.
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

SC7547 is only available in a Brick Set.
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

Another troublesome thing happened with the disc order. Another company sent me a copy protected disc. It says right on the wrapper, will not play on PCs or DVDs. :evil:

Monday I'm calling them to complain about it. If I get any crap about it, they will never see another order from me. :evil:

:idea: It should be clearly marked on the site beside the disc number (where it says "add to the cart") that the disc is copy protected. Then you can make up your mind if you want to waste your money buying it. :evil:
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

Well I just go off the phone with ACE KARAOKE. They are not going to replace the copy protected disc. :evil:

Their excuse was...some manufacturers don't want their discs copied. He also said that it was OK to make a back up copy. But in my case....I'm screwed. I told him it wouldn't work in my computer.

I informed him that I will no longer be buying from them. They seemed to be OK with losing me as a customer.

I have spent several thousand dollars with them over the years. ALL over a $15.95 disc.

I also told him they should have it designated beside ADD it to the cart, that this disc is copy protected. He said smartly...why so you know if you can steal it or not? :evil: I said no...so I know if I want to waste my money or not. :evil:

NICE CUSTOMER SERVICE POLICY>
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

If it is a Sound Choice disc then Sound CHoice has to replace it with a none copy protected disc since their protection sceme was illegal to begn with.
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

Even if I get it replaced by SC, I'm done with ACE. :twisted: :evil:
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

Don't blame you there.
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

That is very untypical behavior from Ace Karaoke. I've been dealing with them for years without a single problem. Did you ask to speak to someone higher up?
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

No I didn't.

The bad publicity and lack of business from me and possibly others here will be enough.

If they want to hire jerks, the responsibility lies with them. If he was the customer service rep...too bad for them.

After a $250 order some courtesy would have been nice. And the accusation of stealing the music wasn't appreciated either.

I have been ordering from them for many years. Thousands of dollars worth.

They can kiss my ask me if I order anything else from them.

I was seriously considering buying their flat screen TV and stand.
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

WTF is going on... :evil: :evil: :evil:

In another order from a company in CANADA I get a Sound Choice disc without the jewel case. All the paper guts from it are there and the disc is in a white CD envelope.

I put the disc into the computer and open KJ Rip & Zip and a Window pops up that says DEMOSHIELD and another window pops up that wants to install Corel Word Perfect Office X3.

The disc is an original looking Sound Choice disc. First, I'm Pissed because they scratched it putting it into the envelope. Second, why am I getting all of these windows and R&Z won't recognise the disc.

The Disc # is 8689 Van Morrison.

When you explore the disc WPOX3_CD1 (D: ) comes up and there are files in it. But none of them look like music files.
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

I'm convinced that this is a Corel Word Perfect Install disc. :shock: There is a user guide in it detailing all the functions of the program. :cry:

I didn't know Van Morrison and Sound Choice developed Corel Word Perfect. :shock:

:idea: Think I can get the unlock code? Technically I paid for the "program." 8)

Can't sing to it, but I can write some beautiful documents.
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

Bigdog wrote:I'm convinced that this is a Corel Word Perfect Install disc. :shock: There is a user guide in it detailing all the functions of the program. :cry:

I didn't know Van Morrison and Sound Choice developed Corel Word Perfect. :shock:

:idea: Think I can get the unlock code? Technically I paid for the "program." 8)

Can't sing to it, but I can write some beautiful documents.
That's just crazy! I've never even heard of anything like happening before. If they're going to pirate discs they should at least contain the right material. I bet Sound Choice would love to know a bout this and the company that sent you the disc.