Second destruction of New Orleans.

Anything that doesn't fit in another category.
Bigdog

Second destruction of New Orleans.

Post by Bigdog »

2 years ago I predicted that there will be at least 10 direct hit hurricanes on New Orleans in the next 20 years. That's how long they said it would take to have all the levees upgraded to withstand a cat 5 hurricane.

To me, rebuilding anything in New Orleans after the first total destruction was a waste of taxpayer money. Now they are going to do it again. And I predict again and again and again..... :roll:

Why doesn't anybody get it? How many times does it take to convince evereyone that living there is a lost cause. Nothing will ever be able to save that city from being destroyed many more times in our lifetime.

Who among us wouldn't want to wake up looking at the ocean everyday? Common sence keeps me from doing it. There are catastrophic risks for doing it. Proven through our short recorded weather history. Like Califorina has to contend with earthquakes and forest fires and mudslides. They are never going to stop happening. I would want to live in California, but my brain tells me not to. I want to live on a beautiful beach in paradise, but my brain tells me not to.

My house doesn't need to be repeatedly destroyed for me to get a clue. Once would be plenty. I work too hard for my money to keep wasting it on a house that is 10-15 feet below the flood stage. Build it 50 feet higher.

They should let the levees go and return the land to a watershed like it was when the Indians lived there. It worked for them. Or they should declare the entire area a flood plane and only inhabitable by motorhomes that can be driven out of harms way. That makes sense, not wasting taxpayer money rebuilding every other year. For the next years destruction.