Using winamp with external hard drive.

Discuss CD+G's, VCD's, song book creators, and any other karaoke related software.
regman

Using winamp with external hard drive.

Post by regman »

I used to do karaoke at my local pub and used the landlord's equipment. I plugged in the external hard drive to his laptop, clicked on winamp and in a few minutes it loaded up. Then I could search and all the tunes displyed.

Now he's left the pub and I still have access to the hard drive but not his lap top. On the hard drive is a win amp program as well as the tunes. Now my question is, what do I need to do to get it all running on a new lap top?
Thanks.

DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

I have a question. Do you run a front end to handle rotation? if so What is it? personally look for a used laptop that runs XP because winamp is extremely buggy with Vista and almost all brand new laptops and desktops are coming with Vista on it. If youare interested in a low cost or be it no cost solution using winamp, try AutoKDJ. IT uses winamps media library window to enter song requests. One issue with it though is how your songs are named. 01 - artist name - song title.zip is the recomended format but Artist Name - Song Title works as well. I also found out Artist name - disc#-Track# - Song Title also puts the fields where they need to be. D#-t# - artist name - song title puts the disc Id# in the artist field.
Unlimited MP3+G Downloads