Lost and Need Help!

Your comments, questions, or opinions on any karaoke related hardware.
peekkaboo

Lost and Need Help!

Post by peekkaboo »

Hi everyone. I'm new here and I hope this is the right place to post my questions in.

I was wondering, what programs I would need if I want to put all my karaoke DVD's into my laptop, and then playing it off my laptop. I THINK that theres programs to covert CD-G, but that's now what I have. They are DVDs. Is there such a program that I can put all my dvds into my laptop, and then playing them just by selecting a number? Like, if I number them all and then just select that number and that song I assigned the number to would play automatically?

Does that make sense? My dad has a karaoke business and instead of brining all his dvds everytime, he wants to try using a laptop. So, now I have to do this for him. sigh... hope someone can help me. I'm so lost!!! :(

DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

www.Clubdjpro.com has a program called VJRipper that should rip the DVD files to hard drive for you
fancyloves2karaoke

Post by fancyloves2karaoke »

I would Try The Hoster Program From MTU HOSTER you can rip your cdg's, dvd, or mp3 and do a complete song data base. :mrgreen:
peekkaboo

Post by peekkaboo »

fancyloves2karaoke wrote:I would Try The Hoster Program From MTU HOSTER you can rip your cdg's, dvd, or mp3 and do a complete song data base. :mrgreen:
hmmm.. where can i find this? i went the their website, but theres so many programs there. i'm so lost. :(
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

You can find Hoster HERE.
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

I thought hoster only imported CD+G discs unless you mean into the database. At least that was what my hoster did. The full hoster will play your DVD files and mp3 but won't import them. You need Microstudio to import the mp3's. As I was saying in my previous post, Only VJripper will import DVD files to your computer.
peekkaboo

Post by peekkaboo »

DanG2006 wrote:I thought hoster only imported CD+G discs unless you mean into the database. At least that was what my hoster did. The full hoster will play your DVD files and mp3 but won't import them. You need Microstudio to import the mp3's. As I was saying in my previous post, Only VJripper will import DVD files to your computer.
so i used vjripper to import all my karaoke dvds onto the computer to what format? and then use hoster like mtu to host it? how does a hoster work? i'm soo lost
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

peekkaboo wrote:
DanG2006 wrote:I thought hoster only imported CD+G discs unless you mean into the database. At least that was what my hoster did. The full hoster will play your DVD files and mp3 but won't import them. You need Microstudio to import the mp3's. As I was saying in my previous post, Only VJripper will import DVD files to your computer.
so i used vjripper to import all my karaoke dvds onto the computer to what format? and then use hoster like mtu to host it? how does a hoster work? i'm soo lost
A hosting software, MTU gets upset if you refer to any other hosting software as Hoster, manages your rotation and plays your songs.
Although I doubt they are personally trolling forums to keep track of that anymore. Personally I'd be glad if someone used my name for a class of products.