computer karaoke

Discuss CD+G's, VCD's, song book creators, and any other karaoke related software.
Unlimited MP3+G Downloads
em_1975

computer karaoke

Post by em_1975 »

i need some help i have a hp 8000 laptop and want to convert my current karaoke program to a computer can anyone help me i need to know what alli need to do this

Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

If I am reading this correctly you now use discs and you want to switch to computer?.?.?.?
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

First things first. Does the laptop have an S-Video out or composite (RCA) out? If it does can you extend the desktop onto the tv? And do you have a way to rip your songs? These are questions you need to answer before converting to computer.
There are various programs out there to play the songs: from Sax & Dotty's, CompuHost, Video Hoster, Siglos Karoke Professional, JustKaraoke, Swift Elite, PCDJ VJ, Karma, RoxBox, AutoKDJ and Karaoke Go-Round. The cheapest being AutoKDJ which is a free frontend to Winamp. My suggestion is get ahold of each one's demo if you can and play around with the features untill you find one with at least most of the features you are looking for. Most require an up to date computer with the exeption of Sax & Dotty's and RoxBox. I personally use CompuHost but that was a personal choice for me.
em_1975

Post by em_1975 »

yes i am currently using discs and want to scrap my old system and run totally off a laptop yes i have s video output just dont
em_1975

yes i have s video and also a 15 pin connection

Post by em_1975 »

DanG2006 wrote:First things first. Does the laptop have an S-Video out or composite (RCA) out? If it does can you extend the desktop onto the tv? And do you have a way to rip your songs? These are questions you need to answer before converting to computer.
There are various programs out there to play the songs: from Sax & Dotty's, CompuHost, Video Hoster, Siglos Karoke Professional, JustKaraoke, Swift Elite, PCDJ VJ, Karma, RoxBox, AutoKDJ and Karaoke Go-Round. The cheapest being AutoKDJ which is a free frontend to Winamp. My suggestion is get ahold of each one's demo if you can and play around with the features untill you find one with at least most of the features you are looking for. Most require an up to date computer with the exeption of Sax & Dotty's and RoxBox. I personally use CompuHost but that was a personal choice for me.
I have a complete karaoke disc system (not a computer system)im using now amplifier disc player ,mackey speakers, cordless mics ect.. I really need some advice and direction i want to scrap the old system and run my show from my computer .i dont have a way to rip music yet but thats not my main problem i need some advice how do i start i have the computer i have an external drive 1/2 a tera bite do i need an amp how do i connect my computer to everything im on a small budget and not alot of knowlege any advice is really appreciated thanks for you reply
em_1975

Post by em_1975 »

Bigdog wrote:If I am reading this correctly you now use discs and you want to switch to computer?.?.?.?
yes i run my show from discs and yes i want to run it from my computer any info you have for me is appreciated thanks
DanG2006

Re: yes i have s video and also a 15 pin connection

Post by DanG2006 »

em_1975 wrote:
DanG2006 wrote:First things first. Does the laptop have an S-Video out or composite (RCA) out? If it does can you extend the desktop onto the tv? And do you have a way to rip your songs? These are questions you need to answer before converting to computer.
I have a complete karaoke disc system (not a computer system)im using now amplifier disc player ,mackey speakers, cordless mics ect.. I really need some advice and direction i want to scrap the old system and run my show from my computer .i dont have a way to rip music yet but thats not my main problem i need some advice how do i start i have the computer i have an external drive 1/2 a tera bite do i need an amp how do i connect my computer to everything im on a small budget and not alot of knowlege any advice is really appreciated thanks for you reply
For ripping your discs, you cannot go wrong with PowerKaraoke's ripper that is call CD+G burner. www.powerkaraoke.com is where you can get it. They also have a decent hosting software that does everything CompuHOst does plus plays discs from the cd-rom drive. I believe the cost for the ripper is $39 and the player is $99. The only thing that keeps me with Compuhost rather than switching is the layout of controls.
em_1975

Post by em_1975 »

doIneed to convert my cdgs to mp3g? I dont how to hook up the laptop and amplifier? and my mics? with the laptop....I know this is close to working just need to figure out these last few things...and the best program.I would like to do kj/dj with the same program. I was going to go with pcdj kj?
em_1975

Post by em_1975 »

This is a very nice forum and I am glad there is a place for all of us karaoke junkies
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

Be careful with PCDJ. if it isn't named or imported right then it won't reckognize your files in their database. I personally like having my dj and karaoke in the same program but with separate ques. Which is why I like CompuHost as well as I do.
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

Go into the display folder and look for the ability to use "Extended Desktop" or a second monitor. If the laptop doesn't have this capability you need a new laptop that does or possibly a new video card that does.

Without this you can not put the karaoke screen out to TVs and still use your laptop monitor to run the show.
em_1975

Post by em_1975 »

I have cordless mics but I also have mics with cords how do I run the corded mics with my laptop setup?
letitrip

Post by letitrip »

em_1975 wrote:I have cordless mics but I also have mics with cords how do I run the corded mics with my laptop setup?
Well this is probably more of a question for the Hardware board but we can get to a simple answer here. I'm assuming with your current configuration your player and your microphones all plug into some form of mixer. That doesn't change when you switch to a laptop. Your laptop will simply replace the CDG Player portion of your rig, and plug into the mixer in much the same fashion. Your mic's sitll need to be pre-amp'ed so running them directly into the laptop wouldn't work. Even if you used an in-line pre-amp you'd still have to sum the signals from all your mics into one and then run it through your laptop's mic input which would result in a serious loss of sound quality.

Hope that helps.
Let It Rip Karaoke
DJ Tony
http://www.letitripkaraoke.com
em_1975

Post by em_1975 »

thanks tony , dan, and big dog ,you all have been helpful,
I guess my only problems are finding the right software for my computer i am looking at compuhost and others do you guys know of a good place to get my music from like mp3 rocket i know they dont have karaoke music but is there a site like it that you recomend
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

www.karaoke-singles.com and www.tricerasoft.com both have legal downloads.