computer karaoke

Discuss CD+G's, VCD's, song book creators, and any other karaoke related software.
em_1975

Post by em_1975 »

letitrip wrote:
em_1975 wrote:I have cordless mics but I also have mics with cords how do I run the corded mics with my laptop setup?
Well this is probably more of a question for the Hardware board but we can get to a simple answer here. I'm assuming with your current configuration your player and your microphones all plug into some form of mixer. That doesn't change when you switch to a laptop. Your laptop will simply replace the CDG Player portion of your rig, and plug into the mixer in much the same fashion. Your mic's sitll need to be pre-amp'ed so running them directly into the laptop wouldn't work. Even if you used an in-line pre-amp you'd still have to sum the signals from all your mics into one and then run it through your laptop's mic input which would result in a serious loss of sound quality.

Hope that helps.
I don't use a mixer right now... I have a three tray jvc player and it has three mic jacks... I run my cordless and corded mics thru that into my amp... I dont know what I have to do to get the mics running with this new laptop? do you know? I sure appreciate your help....

Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

Is this setup for home use or making money in bars?
Unlimited MP3+G Downloads
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

What type of amp are you using? It's possible for you to get away with getting a mixer.
letitrip

Post by letitrip »

Get a mixer. A small Behringer would be good, maybe an 6-8 channel would work well in your case. The mixer brings with it one very important thing for your microphones, Pre-Amps. Probably not needed with wireless mics (they usually have both line and mic level outputs) but definitely for wired mics you gotta have a pre-amp in the chain. The Mixer then also of course is what allows you to MIX your mic signals and the music signal into one stereo pair for yoru amplifier.
Let It Rip Karaoke
DJ Tony
http://www.letitripkaraoke.com
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

I am using a behringer rx1202fx mixer that I am growing to love. I have choices of 100 different effects and it sounds great with my setup.
JDtheKJ

Post by JDtheKJ »

I personally use swift elite for the hosting program and find that they are easy to do both dj and kj work. They even have the capability of doing videos and using your logo on the background of the singer's screen. If you wish, I can give you some more info if you will pm me for my email. Here's wishing you great success in transforming to the new style
RebelYell Enterprises - "Don't find yourself to be a 'rebel without a song' "