New a couple suggestions for dream home system

Your comments, questions, or opinions on any karaoke related hardware.
myau

New a couple suggestions for dream home system

Post by myau »

I'm pretty happy with my home system setup now but these days I've become more and more of an audiophile, trying to get the best sound possible.

Question 1:

Where are all the karaoke mixers (key change dial with individual mic effects etc) that have DIGITAL input AND output? My ever more discerning ear is picking up the faint buzz during silence when volume levels are high. My assumption is that a laptop digital connection into the mixer and then another digital connection to the receiver would be the safest way to go?

Question 2:

I have been running my mixer to my receiver which is connected to a 5.1 home theater speaker system ( http://www.tannoy-speakers.com/s.php?product=204 ). It's nice to hear music from all sides but can someone tell me all benefits of having a professional PA system instead of my setup? I don't need it to be portable, I'm just looking for the dream audiophile setup for the clearest, cleanest sound. I don't need it to be screaming loud because my living room isn't enormous. I don't mind spending money if I can get great headphone like results.

DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

A Professional PA is designed to handle live vocals where your Home theater receiver and speakers aren't designed to handle Live vocals. If you aren't carefull you could end up damaging your home theater system to the point it is irepairable. Can I suggest an all in one system like the STagepass by Yamaha or the Passport by fender. I lean towards the stagepass because I own one. It is more than enough for home use and is very portable.
As to the soundcard issue I would go to maybe musicians friend or guitar center and pick up a $30 usb soundcard called the behringer U-Control202a. I use it and it eliminated my humm.
Unlimited MP3+G Downloads