SWIFT ELITE 4.0

Discuss CD+G's, VCD's, song book creators, and any other karaoke related software.
How to Build a Home Karaoke System
JDtheKJ

SWIFT ELITE 4.0

Post by JDtheKJ »

I have about 40k songs on my external hard drive. When I add them into swift elite collection, they come in not labeled correctly ie. the id is under title, title under artist etc. However they don't all come in the same wrong way. Some even come in correctly. Is there a way to fix this universally as opposed to changing each file individually? Any help would be greatly appreciated

JDtheKJ

Post by JDtheKJ »

Hey I prety much fixed the problem myself and the answer was staring me in the face. It asks you when you import if you have picked the right format. You can go to preferences and general options to do this album-artist-title, album-title-artist... etc. however they are listed in your files. My bigger problem has become that they have come in differently in several ways on each vendor of cd. Gotta love the industry.
RebelYell Enterprises - "Don't find yourself to be a 'rebel without a song' "
Marlena

Post by Marlena »

did you also run 3.0? very simple fix, cause i'm going to assume the options are the same in 4.0 as in 3.0 just with more features... So here is what you have to do step by step:

DELETE ALL COLLECTIONS & CLOSE SEARCH WINDOW

1) General Options ->

Check The box that says "Parse File Name Titles" (or something simularily worded in 4.0)

2) Select Album_Artist(Title_)

3) Sort Collection By "ID"

4) Restart Program (or Computer), depends how finicky yours is.

THEN and only after you have done everything else. Create your collections, open up your search window & TA DA!!!

All file names will be in 1 column and not split at all.. you have no idea the time it took me originally to figure this crap out. try 3 hours 3 different times i reformatted... After the 3rd time i wrote down the instructions for myself. so i wouldn't have to go through it again... Hope this helps!