Vocal Removal Software

Discuss CD+G's, VCD's, song book creators, and any other karaoke related software.
OneTon111

Vocal Removal Software

Post by OneTon111 »

I am setting up a karaoke show with a no 1 hits theme, and this necessitates using old songs as far back as the sixties. I have purchased all the later year songs, but have to make my own for a lot of the older ones, and now need a vocal remover for these. Can anyone suggest one that works reasonably well?

wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

No vocal removers work well. They never remove all the lead vocals and always degrade the music quality. There are many thousands of karaoke song titles available from the sixties to present on the various disc labels.
OneTon111

Post by OneTon111 »

wiseguy wrote:No vocal removers work well. They never remove all the lead vocals and always degrade the music quality. There are many thousands of karaoke song titles available from the sixties to present on the various disc labels.
Maybe I wasn't as clear as i might have been, but i am getting an Australian No 1's show together, and have purchased all that i could get my hands on, but still need to get around 25 tracks that i have searched everywhere for. I well understand that no vocal removing software works as well as one would like, but was merely asking for opinion. I truly hope that i haven't offended the condecendium's senses too greatly.
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

OneTon111 wrote: Maybe I wasn't as clear as i might have been, but i am getting an Australian No 1's show together, and have purchased all that i could get my hands on, but still need to get around 25 tracks that i have searched everywhere for. I well understand that no vocal removing software works as well as one would like, but was merely asking for opinion. I truly hope that i haven't offended the condecendium's senses too greatly.
condecendium's ? Do you typically just make up words?

If you "well understand" the effectiveness of vocal reducers then your question was pointless. Use only professional karaoke or backing tracks or end up with some amateurish production.
OneTon111

Post by OneTon111 »

Good to see truth in advertising! You really do seem to live up to your username. Glad to be of service providing you with a platform from which you have very eloquently been able to launch your self serving tirade in response to a genuine query. Thank you very much for sharing your vast knowledge, it has been most enlightening.
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

OneTon111 wrote:Good to see truth in advertising! You really do seem to live up to your username. Glad to be of service providing you with a platform from which you have very eloquently been able to launch your self serving tirade in response to a genuine query. Thank you very much for sharing your vast knowledge, it has been most enlightening.
Don't mention it :)
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

:?
letitrip

Post by letitrip »

OK, first of all, using original tracks with a vocal removers in a show like that would be a violation of the copyright on the original work. So don't be so shocked that folks here aren't really willing to offer up much support. Second, get whatever vocal remover software you find because there isn't really much difference between them. They all suck. They all result in tracks that are almost unintelligle as the original track.

Understand for a moment how vocal removal works. Basically, it cuts out the frequencies of the vocals which means any instruments in that same frequency range are getting cut out too. The result is it sounds like crap. So as wiseguy said, your question is pretty much pointless because there isn't an answer for it.
Let It Rip Karaoke
DJ Tony
http://www.letitripkaraoke.com
OneTon111

Post by OneTon111 »

Fair enough Leitrip. I take your advice on board. Can you advise a route to find these more obscure files that i seek?
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

www.kjpro.com has a songlist browser that will allow you to browse their database. If it is in there then it exists for the most parts. www.sbikaraoke.com has some obscure songs you might not find elsewhere.
OneTon111

Post by OneTon111 »

Thanks Dan
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

Just because you want them, doesn't mean you will get them.

There are many songs that were never available on karaoke. And the ones that were made might not be available any longer. Lost (expired) rights to use the song for any more copies.

Finding them on Ebay or some other site from someone that is going out of business, could help.

Many disc players had the one touch vocal remover feature. As stated above sometimes it works really well, but most times it removed so much of the music is wasn't worth doing it. You could always hear the vocals slightly in the background also.