Ripping..

Discuss CD+G's, VCD's, song book creators, and any other karaoke related software.
How to Build a Home Karaoke System
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

I'm using KJ Rip N Zip.

Some discs come out perfect and others, like I mentioned come out glitched. I still say it could be the manufacturer. Maybe they are using discs that are sub par as far as the disc foil. Bad in for in, bad info out.

Sabrina59

Post by Sabrina59 »

You guys are good!!

I presumed that since I could burn on that drive, that I could also rip. I had never tried playing anything from it. Well ... I presumed incorrectly.

I just tried to play on my other computer, and it played, so I ripped a song, and it played and looked fine. So I ripped them on that computer into a network folder and I'm back in business.

Thank you!!
Sabrina the Cat
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

Bigdog wrote:I'm using KJ Rip N Zip.

Some discs come out perfect and others, like I mentioned come out glitched. I still say it could be the manufacturer. Maybe they are using discs that are sub par as far as the disc foil. Bad in for in, bad info out.
Not all ripping software is created equal. Power CD+G Burner is one of the few that has error correction. Regardless of the condition or maker of a CDG disc, if you can play the song track without errors you can rip the song track without errors.
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

I once tested KJripnzip, Audiograbber and powerkaraoke with supercore's version of Cher's Believe. Both KJ Rip N Zip and audiograbber came out with glitches. Powerkaraoke's came out perfect. Note: I did not clean the disc between rips or before ripping.

Guess which software I now use when I do get discs?
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

Will powerkaraoke work with KJ Pro to name the tracks?
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

It uses freedb to name them
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

:?:

What is that?
teester

Post by teester »

Ok I know this is an older thread but I have a question about dvg's. If I can rip a cdg and get both the video clip and the mp3 file, does that mean the drive will work with a ripper? I can't make a copy of the dvg but I can rip the two sets of files off the disc.
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

What is a dvg?
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

Sounds like he got either a supercdg or neo+G disc or bought a set off of the inernet that contained Mp3+G tracks already ripped. If it is the former two, you need a converter to convert the files to mp3+g. You can get one from www.roxbox.net for $39.

If it is the latter then all you need to do is copy and paste the songs into a folder on your computer. That said the odds of these files, if in the latter format, being legal is slim at best.
teester

Post by teester »

No I was half asleep! haha. I meant CDG's!
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

PowerKaraoke and CDGrip are the best rippers out there. The biggest thing about PowerKaraoke's ripper is that it is a burner as well and has a converter that converts KMA(mtu hoster's format), MP3+G, Mp3+G zipped and Bin files to all but KMA files.
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

teester wrote:No I was half asleep! haha. I meant CDG's!
I thought you probably did but since you used the term dvg twice I thought I should ask.

What software are you using to rip the discs? You need to include more details in your questions.
teester

Post by teester »

Well wiseguy I'm not yet but just ordered Compuhost with a built in ripper. I hope it does all I need without getting a separate ripper.

Wow you guys are so helpful. I love this site!
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

You said "I can't make a copy of the dvg but I can rip the two sets of files off the disc." so I assumed you were using some sort of ripping software.

Anyway, you shouldn't need any other software with CompuHost. And modern software like this works with most DVD and CD drives.