Ripping..

Discuss CD+G's, VCD's, song book creators, and any other karaoke related software.
Unlimited MP3+G Downloads
aareleb

Ripping..

Post by aareleb »

Hello, Im changing my system over to digital and i have downloaded 3 different programs to rip my libray to my hard drive. Compuhost (trial), Siglos Karaoke player recorder (trial), and Karafun (free). I have a dell laptop XPS M1530 with a matshita DVD+RW UJ-875S DVD rom drive.
In unable to rip for CD+G disks or even play the disks on my laptop, I have tryed to use all three programs and they can read the files but will not play them.
I would like any help you guys could give me. The players do work if I download a song from buykaraokedownloads.com

thx, Aaron.

wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

I suggest that you try one more program, Power CD+G Burner, to rip the songs from your CDG discs to the MP3+G format.
aareleb

Post by aareleb »

Ok i have downloaded Power CD+G Burner (trial) and stil am unable to play, it plays a song but there is no sound or video from it.
I converted (Ultimate Party Hits - Disc 2 - 03 Wham - Wake Me Up (Before You Go Go) from a BIN file to a CDG file still only plays a file with no sound or video.
Yes the sound and video work fine I can play Flo Rida - Low (feat T-Pain) ZIP file that I downloaded from buykaraokedownloads.com
It must be somthing Iam doing... Plz help.

Thx, Aaron.
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

What you should be doing is ripping song tracks from a karaoke CDG disc to MP3+G song tracks. Each MP3+G song track consists of two files (one .mp3 and one .cdg per song). If you are unable to create the MP3+G song tracks from CDG discs with Power CD+G Burner then your DVD drive probably does not support the CDG format.
aareleb

Post by aareleb »

Ok so at this point im think that my DVD drive is not able to read CDG format, Im gonna look in to getting an external DVD drive that will work.
Thank you for your time and help.

Thx Aaron..
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

Yes yours is one of the only ones that won't read the subcode no matter what method is used. A representitive from powerkaraoke stated this on another forum.
aareleb

Post by aareleb »

Ok, this info is good. Now can anyone tell me what a good external DVD rom that will read CDG I would like it to beable to hook up useing USB.
Thank you, Aaron
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

Lite on makes dvd usb writers that are compatable with PowerKaraoke's CD+G burner software.
Sabrina59

Post by Sabrina59 »

I have used PowerKaraoke to burn karaoke CD's but now I am trying to rip from a CD and not having much luck.

When I play back the files the audio seems to be okay but the graphics are incredibly bad; totally unreadable and the background screen keeps changing colors.

I have tried output formats of Zip and CDG + MP3, reading speed is 1x, constant bitrate is 112kbps. I've tried Stereo and Joint Stereo using High Quality.

Any ideas?

Thank you.
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

Slow down the rip speed.

It could be the disc is scratched. Polish it.

I have noticed lately ripping many brand new discs they come out crappy looking. With a bunch of glitches. It seems like one company (Chartbusters) more than others. Maybe the discs are really cheap.
Sabrina59

Post by Sabrina59 »

It's a brand new disc; SBI. I think the speed I am using (1x) is the slowest.
Sabrina the Cat
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

clean the drive maybe. I have had zero problems ripping with PowerKaraoke's CDGBurner.
Sabrina59

Post by Sabrina59 »

What settings do you use, Dan?
Sabrina the Cat
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

This is almost certainly a problem with the disc drive and none of the Power CD+G Burner software settings are going to help. Try updating the drive's firmware if available. Are you able to play CD+G discs with the computer's disc drive?