Sound Effects

Discuss CD+G's, VCD's, song book creators, and any other karaoke related software.
Sabrina59

Sound Effects

Post by Sabrina59 »

I use JustKaraoke which has 20 buttons for preset sound effects. Is there a program that will allow me to program more sound effects? I don't want to change my Kj software, but would like something that would make using additional sound effects easier.

DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

Just counted on COmpuhost and it has 45 selections available for sound effects. Haven't used them yet but they are there. One question is this: Why do you need more than 20 effects.
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

Are you doing karaoke with this or just home stuff?

If it's in a bar why not use a reverb unit hooked to the PA system. That way you don't have to waste time looking for a setting for every song. Now I'll admit I don't know how an effects thingy works on the computer. Do you have to set an effect for every song when you put it in the queue?
Sabrina59

Post by Sabrina59 »

We do a family show in a Deli (I know, weird venue for karaoke!) and the crowd loves the silly effects (burping, raspberry, applauding, booing, bombs dropping, etc). I could probably use twice as many as I have. I'd rather not have to purchase a different KJ software. I was hoping there might be some simple little program that would work for me.

The effects don't have anything to do with the songs, they are utilized between songs.
Sabrina the Cat
mwadeson

Post by mwadeson »

just look for a sound effect cd and use them inbetween songs
Sabrina59

Post by Sabrina59 »

That's an option. I can play the effects that are not programmed in now, but I have to que them up like a song. I could burn them to a disc and leave it in the disc player. That could work, mw, thank you.
Sabrina the Cat
letitrip

Post by letitrip »

BigDog, she's not talking about Vocal Effects (Reverb, Delay, etc) she's talking about actual sound effects (like in a cartoon). You should be able to search the web for .wav files of different sound effects and find tons for free download. Use Google, it is a wonderful tool.
Let It Rip Karaoke
DJ Tony
http://www.letitripkaraoke.com
Sabrina59

Post by Sabrina59 »

I never thought to search Google ... thank you, letitrip!
Sabrina the Cat