Decency Issue.

Anything that doesn't fit in another category.
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

I'll give you one more big item to contemplate about musical content.

Go back through the news articles for the last 10 years.

How many Rappers are DEAD or in prison??? How many "angry rockers are dead or in prison??? Dime Bag Darryl shot by a fan.

The subject matter of their songs was the life they lead. The direct result was death or prison. Murder, Drug usage or drug sales.

Do not think the same outcome can not in slightly lesser levels come to your shows brought there by the musical content played BY YOU at your show. That makes you some what reasponsible.

The music is the key. You can unlock your show to these types of situations or you can keep it locked up.

VIOLENCE, DRUG usage is/has been/ will be associated with this musical content. It's not me making stuff up.

Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

http://new.music.yahoo.com/dolla/news/p ... --61988744

I love the song title he was doing with T-Pain.

The violence continues because of their music. Will anyone ever understand????? :roll:
Sabrina59

Post by Sabrina59 »

How does that go? Live by the sword, die by the sword?

If I am understanding this correctly, the alleged killer flew from Georgia to LA just to shoot this man?!?! That's some pretty serious hatred if that is the case.

I thought Akon's label was interesting: Konvict Muzik :roll:

If this music just included the occasional expletive it wouldn't be so bad. The title mentioned, "Who in the (Expletive) Is That?", is no worse than "Who The F### is Alice", but I imagine the content of the two songs is very different.

I don't understand the rapper mentality or the mentality of the folks that are into that kind of music. It all seems very violent and disrespectful.
Sabrina the Cat
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

GANGSTA LIFE

When you play this music/allow it to be sung at your show YOU are promoting it.

You are part of the problem....NOT PART OF THE SOLUTION.

ACT RESPONSIBLE

BE RESPONSIBLE

It doesn't require a lot of effort. :wink:

It will help your community.
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

I also blame the disc manufacturers.

Some like Pioneer chose to take the high road. Pioneer did some songs that had swear words in them. They chose not to use those words in their reproductions. Opting for a cleaner substitute.

Some like Sound Choice and POP Hits chose the low road.

I don't waste my money buying the Urban series of Pop Hits.
Sabrina59

Post by Sabrina59 »

But ...

Aren't we talking about two different things here?

"Gangsta" rap, or whatever it's called, seems to promote violence and/or the gang way of life.

Other songs like "How Many Licks ..." are incredibly ... I was going to say suggestive, but it doesn't suggest, it comes right out and says it.

I don't care to listen to either of those types.

On the other hand, though, "Who The F### is Alice" doesn't promote a violent way of life, or have suggestive lyrics. It just drops the F-bomb. I don't think songs like that should be included in the garbage can with the other two examples I cited.
Sabrina the Cat
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

I do. :shock:

They still have the potential to attract a lower class of people.

Would the church choir sing the song about Alice?

Where would one have to go to hear that song? What type of people are you more likely to see at that place? Church goers or troublemakers?

How much trouble is there every week at church? What type of music do they play?

I know these are extreme examples, but it proves my point.

If you don't want flies buzzing around all day...clean up the turds. :lol:

Ever know why/how one ant can follow the exact path of the ant an hour before him?

He finds the food and leaves a scent trail for the other ants to follow.

One troublemaker/gangsta found the music and the rest follow. Birds of a feather.......

Do you know how to poison/kill ants and why that works? One ant finds the poison and gets it all over him and he returns to the nest and the other ants eat it off him. Ants groom themselves and each other like cats.

One ant covered in poison can literally kill the colony. One bad apple can literally kill the entire bar.
Sabrina59

Post by Sabrina59 »

I thought that was what you were going to say, Master Po.

Actually I've never heard anyone do Alice, it's just the only song I could think of with an explitive in the title. :wink:
Sabrina the Cat
mnementh

Post by mnementh »

Sabrina59 wrote:Actually I've never heard anyone do Alice, it's just the only song I could think of with an explitive in the title. :wink:
I'm surprised to hear that!

It's an extremely popular song, over here and if not "sung" every night, it's on at least every other gig.

I wouldn't mind it so much if the whole crowd (and it IS a crowd pleaser), didn't scream the chirus out with the singer. It can probably be heard a good distance away from the venue.

Sandy
Sabrina59

Post by Sabrina59 »

Figures ... of all the beautiful songs we have produced over here, THAT one has to be the crowd pleaser! :lol:
Sabrina the Cat
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

THAT one has to be the crowd pleaser!

THAT depends on the crowd you attract or want to attract. It's not a favorite at any of MY shows.

There are songs I really like and would like to sing, but I have deleted them from my book.
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

Sabrina59

Post by Sabrina59 »

"I mean, what does that say to a young kid who's trying to speak his mind making a record for the first time? It's like a game that you have to play. You have to refuse to play it."

So, according to Green Day, today's youths are unable to speak their minds without dropping the F-bomb or other equally offensive words. :shock: I rather doubt that.

I commend Wal-Mart for sticking to their guns on this issue. It would be nice to see other music outlets following suit but I can't see that happening.
Sabrina the Cat
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

You can see that the topic is becoming more important to a lot of people.

In the privacy of your home you are free to do basically anything you want.

In PUBLIC normal decency prevails.

Raucous behavior can be triggered by certain music and language. Crowd/mob mentality examples can be seen after every major sporting event. Street riots, vandalism, fires, and major property destruction.

They don't play the unedited versions on the radio. The only reason for using this type of language in the/their music is to sell more by attracting the kids/people that think it's cool.

Radio stations adhere to decency standards. So why shouldn't you as a KJ/ public personality do the same?

You want to be the "cool" KJ that promotes indecency so you will be more popular? Doing so shows a lack of respect for yourself and your audience.

Take the high road. I can guarantee it won't hurt your business.

There is a local KJ that has a "face/space" site on which he advertises his karaoke business. Last week he updated his pictures from his birthday party. It took place during his karaoke show. There are about 20 pictures on there. 99% of the pictures show him with a different female. In each picture his hand is on their chest. :shock:

First of all how does it make the girls look?

Second of all what does it say about the KJ and his business?

What does it say about the bar?

Do you want to hire that pig?

Is that how you want everyone in the entire world to see "your" bar?

Look everyone...I have hired the biggest "groper"/KJ in the world to entertain my crowd. See how many women he can grope in a single night.

Your wife or girlfriend can be next just get in line.
Sabrina59

Post by Sabrina59 »

How old is this KJ?!? From what you said he exhibited very immature behavior. I would guess he is in his early 20's.

He actually had his hand on their bosom?!? That suggests to me that they are all sl (oops), women of lesser moral character. Have some self respect. Again, I would guess this is a college crowd. :shock:

I agree ... not the type I would want in my establishment (if I had one).
Sabrina the Cat