DanG Decision to Quit Reply.

Anything that doesn't fit in another category.
How to Build a Home Karaoke System
Bigdog

DanG Decision to Quit Reply.

Post by Bigdog »

The karaoke night isn't the problem. It's the Friday night Free-For-All.

The type of music you play determines the type of crowd you attract. He attracts the riff-raff. STUPID decision of the bar owner.

The DJ should go, not you. But I probably would quit too. But if they get rid of the real problem...the FFA DJ, things should settle down.

I walked from a job and a few months later a guy parked his car on another guy, he died. That fight started in the bar. But I quit because the bar owner refused to bar the A$$hole troublemakers for whatever stupid reason. One guy wouldn't stop accusing me of messing with his sound. Which was all in his head. He pulled a gun on someone after I quit. Could have been me.... huh?

I never regret or second guess a bar I walk away from. Their loss, not mine.

DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

It ended up being a mutual decision. I got talked into giving two weeks notice but after the dismal showing on thursday decided to end it there. The good patrons must still be either shell shocked or afraid to come back. I saw this in another bar that I worked at where a group of troublemakers beat up another patron just to beat him up. The bar closed within three weeks.
Oh the owner got rid of the dj as well.
As for my wanting to leave. I have been wanting to leave for several months for reasons that have nothing to do with the incident. One was that they wanted me to modify my rotation rules to play favorites based on how much the customers spent at the bar.
Unlimited MP3+G Downloads
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

Pay-Per-View karaoke. :roll:

What promted that "smart" decision?

Just having a bar full of people doesn't guarantee you are a good smart owner. If the crowd is nothing but troublemakers and a$$holes, you have NOTHING but a ticking time bomb. A LIABILITY waiting to happen.

You need to have "QUALITY" responsible people. That starts with the music selection.

MUSIC will be the most important deciding factor in determining that quality.

Stopping trouble makers in their tracks is next. One strike you're out. PERIOD...End of discussion. BANNED for the rest of you're life. Make it very clear and stick to it. No exceptions. You as the bar owner need to be respected. Your patrons will respect it too. And they pay the bills. Their SAFETY should be the top priority. Not how much money you can make anyway you can.

Nuisance bars...everyone knows which ones they are. They do nothing to the reputation of the town. They cost tax payers more money from the need for added police presence. As a bar owner why would you want to be the proud owner of a bar like that? Sleazy money.

I would rather make quality money. That's how I run my karaoke business.
I run a quality business that attracts a quality crowd. That I can be proud of. And that includes protecting the bar owners reputation. I am not contributing in the least to attracting trouble.

If my crowds were packed with nothing but jerks, I would not be proud or consider myself successful. I want my crowds to be safe.
Unlimited MP3+G Downloads