BigDog's Own Thread

Anything that doesn't fit in another category.
Sabrina59

Post by Sabrina59 »

Oh! :oops: hehehe

I just played it and read the lyrics. I must have the "radio" version because it didn't mention anything about West Coast P......

Now let's go to the other end of the spectrum ... what do you do with gospel songs?

Sabrina the Cat
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

I only have 4 under the word gospel. I don't think anyone ever sang them.
How to Build a Home Karaoke System
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

http://www.songlyrics.com/kid-rock/cowboy-lyrics/

Read every line it's loaded with all kinds of :oops: goodies.
Sabrina59

Post by Sabrina59 »

Wow! See, now, why is that necessary? :shock: :nonod:

Way back in ancient history when I was a little kid, I remember some of the derogatory names we had for each other. At the time we thought they were terrible ... but they're nothing compared to the language used today.I think the worst I ever called anybody was MR. :shock:

It's the same with comedians. Can't they be funny without the vulgarity? Actually, I've heard a few who can. I'm a redneck ... guess who my favorite is? Nope, not Foxworthy but close. :lol:

Are today's adults like little children who giggle when they hear a "bad" word? Really, I don't know why we have these kinds of lyrics. When did we, as a nation (or world), decide this was acceptable?

Now don't get me wrong. I enjoy some of the Carrington and Bob & Tom songs. And I enjoy my drinks. In other words, I don't consider myself a prude by any means, but I see no redeeming value in these serious, in-your-face, vulgar songs. :nonod:
Sabrina the Cat
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

I have had people older than me complain about other KJs allowing this stuff. And I have heard from younger than me about free-for-all shows where people got boooed and had things thrown at them.

Kids that want the shock value I don't want.

The answer is different for everyone.

But I still say if you at all care about your business reputation you will edit. Show some respect for yourself and your crowds.
Sabrina59

Post by Sabrina59 »

Bigdog wrote:And I have heard from younger than me about free-for-all shows where people got boooed and had things thrown at them.
You never fail to amaze me! :lol:

First of all, why are you still up? It's almost 1:00 here, so you must be at, let me guess ... 4:00 am?

Secondly ... I have never, EVER, heard of someone getting booed off a stage or had things thrown at them.

I think it must boil down to shock-factor and lack of respect ... for one's self and others.

By the way ... is there a clean version of Greased Lightning? I about fell on the floor the first time I saw the lyrics (and it wasn't because I'd been drinking!). This song came from such a cutesy show that I was shocked! :shock:
Sabrina the Cat
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

And I have heard from younger than me about free-for-all shows where people got boooed and had things thrown at them.

I could walk to the bar in 10 minutes. :D The mother & father started the business and turned it over to the kids. :roll: They hired a KJ that let it get totally out of control. BUT, you have to blame the brain dead kid owners for allowing such behavior. :?

They all think it's funny.

There use to be a GONG SHOW karaoke advertised on the radio for a bar downtown. How would you like to be the karaoke singer that gets gonged by some drunk punk that thinks it's funny whether you suck or whether you were excellent? Just so someone could make fun of you.

If a bar owner ever wants me to do something that counterproductive (STUPID) to his and my income and reputation, I'm walking.

You never fail to amaze me!

First of all, why are you still up? It's almost 1:00 here, so you must be at, let me guess ... 4:00 am?

I'm a night owl now... :sing: :band: :cigar: :yesnod: :rocker: :smoker: :cheers: :offtopic: :lol:

By the way ... is there a clean version of Greased Lightning?

I don't remember the song and have no clue... :oops:
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

I have 3 versions of it... :oops: Just checked the lyrics... :roll:

2 Pioneer ones I'm betting are clean. The Sunfly I'm not sure.

I never listened to it and nobody ever sang it. I'm sure they have to have a cleaned up version.
Sabrina59

Post by Sabrina59 »

I can't imagine a Gong Show karaoke show. That sounds like a constant karaoke contest; only worse! Not something I would want to be involved with.

And how is it funny if your customers are humiliated? I believe I'm of an age where I should know human nature ... but you keep proving to me I don't!

Yes, I know I slipped off topic. Just curious. And where did you get all the cute emoticons!! I want some!

You do remember Grease don't you? It was the song where Travolta and the boys where working on the car.
Sabrina the Cat
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

Because of my state-of-the-art professional karaoke system that surrounds my living room recliner, 8) I didn't have to get up to check them out. :lol:

As I suspected the Pioneers are edited. They are shorter versions. Not quite 2 minutes. The Sunfly is over 3 minutes and has all the goodies. :lol:
Sabrina59

Post by Sabrina59 »

I'll have to get the Pioneer version then. The song is popular but I won't let it be done when kids are around. I've even had kids want to sing the song and I've had to refuse them.

Thank you for going through all that effort to look that up for me. :wink:

You still didn't tell me where you get your emoticons. :evil:
Sabrina the Cat
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

"view more emoticons" under the ones you can see. :D :roll: :yesnod:
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

living on the left (wrong liberal) coast :lol: you should be telling me stupid stories. :lol:
Sabrina59

Post by Sabrina59 »

I don't see that option.

Oh ... there it is. :oops: I only saw it after I clicked preview. :redface:
Sabrina the Cat
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

I watched the eagles eat a rabbit today... :offtopic: :sorry: