New Show and am I Pumped!!!!

Anything that doesn't fit in another category.
DanG2006

New Show and am I Pumped!!!!

Post by DanG2006 »

I got a call on Monday from the owner of a bar I used to run shows at when I was disc based. He basically laid it out that the crowds have not been as big as he wanted and he wanted to make a change of karaoke companies. I told him what my prices were and he agreed to it in a second. I guess this other company might have been soaking him for a lot more than I normally charge. Anyway Friday is my first show.

Sabrina59

Post by Sabrina59 »

Excellent news, Dan!! :cheers: Are you going to have to resurrect the dead or did the owner wise up before it got that bad?
Sabrina the Cat
Unlimited MP3+G Downloads
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

I'm hoping that I won't have that much work to do. I got a few friends who went to the last bar I did and I might be able to get them to come in.
But I like a challenge. I know I got work to do on Saturday nite but that is going to be DJ only.
One negative is I'm gonna have to use books because there isn't enough room near where I set up to set up the songlist terminal and I want that where I can keep an eye on it.
Sabrina59

Post by Sabrina59 »

If that's you're biggest concern you should be in fine shape. :D
Sabrina the Cat
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

Good luck..

The amount of work you have to do will depend on just how bad the other guy was and how long they let him drive everyone away..
mnementh

Post by mnementh »

Break a Leg buddy.

Sandy
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

Just got back and it was interesting to say the least. Got a list of must have songs to get for next week. Also learned to check my wires inside the rack as one came undone and caused me to run one speaker for about 30 minutes to an hour before I decided to check again and sure enough one of the wires coming from my mixer to the amplifier was disconnected. I hate when that happens. serves me right for messing around inside the rack before the show, fitting an rf modulator into the setup as the connection between the system and the TV is Cable ready. Was straight karaoke for a good four hours. For a show driven to death by the last KJ, I had a pretty good crowd tonight, more listeners than singers but that seems to be the norm where I am. Hopefully I can change that.
Sabrina59

Post by Sabrina59 »

Sounds like an excellent first night!! Congrats. :rocker:
Sabrina the Cat
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

I had wire trouble one night... :shock: It was impossible to telll by looking at it, that it was ever so slightly unplugged. The only way was to push on it and it clicked back in. The bar's dark and you're paniced and using a flashlight....looking around like a madman..with you head stuffed inside the rack box... :x

I also have a 110 volt plug that keeps coming loose. It's impossible to see and even harder to reach. :lol:
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

Saturday's show turned out to be karaoke too even though the original agreement was DJ only. This is the night I am going to have a real challenge on, at least that's what it looks like unless it was the fact that fireworks was going on because I did get a few straglers in after 11pm. Not many though. Definately need to work on this night.
Sabrina59

Post by Sabrina59 »

I am curious ... why did the owner want one night of karaoke and DJ'ing the next night?

Hopefully next week will be better. Hang in there and work your magic!
Sabrina the Cat
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

I think he originally wanted to change things up on Saturday but when Saturday came he changed his mind. No big deal as I get paid either way.
Sabrina59

Post by Sabrina59 »

Sounds like a win-win situation. :D
Sabrina the Cat
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

Friday night is growing in attendance, still more nonsingers than singers but I have a feeling things are going to get busier. The singers I have don't mind because they get to sing more. I had one singer really pleased when I picked up all the requests that she made last week for songs I didn't have.
Sabrina59

Post by Sabrina59 »

It's the little things like that that will gain you more followers.
Sabrina the Cat