It's Only For The SHOCK VALUE....

Anything that doesn't fit in another category.
Sabrina59

Post by Sabrina59 »

Out of your area code, hon. :wink:

Sabrina the Cat
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

Just my luck.... :cry: :mad:
Sabrina59

Post by Sabrina59 »

Naw ... I'm 6' tall. I'd scare you. :yikes:

But I do have long auburn hair almost down to my arse. :twisted:
Sabrina the Cat
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

I :heart: shorter women.. :wink:
Sabrina59

Post by Sabrina59 »

What's your phone number???? :oops: :lol:
Sabrina the Cat
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

:redface: :cigar:
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

Bigdog wrote:When you have a family gathering... I.E. Reunion, wedding, birthday...

Only you could maneuver the setting of this thread from a bar full of consenting adults to grandma at the family reunion and pre school day care centers. Try to stay focused here. :roll:
Bigdog wrote:People that love Ugly Kid Joe "Everthing...." are still a minority. You only need a million sales to have a gold record.
Educate yourself and go look up what "double platinum" means. And these are album sales... not singles. This means the majority of the music buying public likes this band and their songs. And we are talking about music here aren't we. The majority of the people who listen to and buy music determine which songs become popular and therefore eventually determine the songs that end up on karaoke discs. You know... the ones you tell them they can of cannot sing.

Sinatra... :dead: dead and past generation.

Martin... :dead: dead and past generation.

Elvis .... :dead: dead and past generation.

The issue at hand is not decency. Decency and morality are seen differently by every individual. Everyone has their idea of what is decent in any given situation.

For me the issue is your practice of censorship and dictatorship. And that is exactly what you do by taking it upon yourself to decide what is proper behavior among consenting adults. You undermine the very principles that this country was founded on and for this you can never be right.
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

Sabrina59 wrote:Actually, yes I would LOVE to go back in time. Not as far back as you mentioned, but I really believe we have lost a lot with our evolution; women especially. We used to be respected and treated like "ladies". Gentlemen would open doors, stand when we came to the table, light our cigarettes, etc. I just love it when men do those kinds of things.
I still do all of these things for my wife of 14 years.
Sabrina59

Post by Sabrina59 »

wiseguy wrote:
Sabrina59 wrote:Actually, yes I would LOVE to go back in time. Not as far back as you mentioned, but I really believe we have lost a lot with our evolution; women especially. We used to be respected and treated like "ladies". Gentlemen would open doors, stand when we came to the table, light our cigarettes, etc. I just love it when men do those kinds of things.
I still do all of these things for my wife of 14 years.
:bowto:

You are one of the very special few.
Sabrina the Cat
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

wiseguy wrote:
Bigdog wrote:When you have a family gathering... I.E. Reunion, wedding, birthday...

Only you could maneuver the setting of this thread from a bar full of consenting adults to grandma at the family reunion and pre school day care centers. Try to stay focused here. :roll:

So nobody's female family members ever go out or are present at free-for-all karaoke shows being "F" bombarded???

They are there you just don't care about it. If they are there they are fair game for any amount of disrespect the singers can dish out. Nice...host.

Bigdog wrote:People that love Ugly Kid Joe "Everthing...." are still a minority. You only need a million sales to have a gold record.
Educate yourself and go look up what "double platinum" means. And these are album sales... not singles. This means the majority of the music buying public likes this band and their songs. And we are talking about music here aren't we. The majority of the people who listen to and buy music determine which songs become popular and therefore eventually determine the songs that end up on karaoke discs. You know... the ones you tell them they can of cannot sing.

Ugly Kid Joe's album sales don't represent any great musical force. It's a SMALL niche market of people that get off on the SHOCK VALUE of the blatant swearing. Not mainstream values or influence.

Sinatra... :dead: dead and past generation.

Martin... :dead: dead and past generation.

Elvis .... :dead: dead and past generation.

The issue at hand is not decency. Decency and morality are seen differently by every individual. Everyone has their idea of what is decent in any given situation.

For me the issue is your practice of censorship and dictatorship. And that is exactly what you do by taking it upon yourself to decide what is proper behavior among consenting adults. You undermine the very principles that this country was founded on and for this you can never be right.
So your idea of decency is to swear at any time or any place and everyone should accept your language as just being normal?

I'm just practicing common decency and respect. RESPECT more than anything. I host a respectful show.
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

We should all adopt the lack of respect and decency.

Sinatra... dead and past generation.

Martin... dead and past generation.

Elvis .... dead and past generation.

DECENCY & RESPECT are :dead: and past generation? No place for those in the future. :shock: :cry:

I'm doing it all wrong... :shock: from now on everytime a woman enters my show I'll greet them with a BIG "F" BOMB :welcome: They will :heart: even more. Hey I see you brought your "F"in' mother too. How nice. Is that your "MF"in' 21 year old daughter? Great I'll do the I-95 song for her. I'll do a little "F" bomb number to "entertain" each and every woman here tonight.

I'm singing this Ugly KId Joe song just for you mom. ENJOY...
Sabrina59

Post by Sabrina59 »

Listen, hon, ya know I :heart: ya. But you really are :deadhorse: . You're not going to change how most people view this subject.

I am the first to admit that I am old-fashioned. That is probably why I happen to agree with most of what you say on this matter. But I also realize a lot of people have a different opinion, and that's okay. Not everyone has to think the same way or run their shows the same way.

Bottom line, you are happy with the way you operate and so are your customers and bar owners. wiseguy is happy with the way he operates and so are his customers and bar owners.

This topic has given some of us something to think about, which is a good thing. But I really think it has run it's course.

Can't we all just gather round the fire, roast some marshmallows, throw back a few beers and sing Kumbaya? :cheers:
Sabrina the Cat
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

Not Yet.... :shock:

:deadhorse:

An angry man in the audience yells at the KJ: "Hey KJ you suck....my old lady and me came an hour early to get a good seat, eat and get drunk. All night long she has had nothing but decency and respect. What gives???? We drove 10 miles past a decent show just to get here."

KJ: :sorry: "Any tiny shread of decency and respect at my show is not intentional and strictly prohibited. I buy all the latest indecent and disrespectful music I can find. I try very hard to make it as disgusting as possible. I even recruit and cater to the most disrespectful singers I can find. Please accept my sincere apology and I promise I'll be dissing your old lady as quickly as possible. Please do me a favor and don't tell anyone about my show not having enough disrespect. It will ruin my reputation and my chances for getting jobs."
Sabrina59

Post by Sabrina59 »

Now? :angel:
Sabrina the Cat
mnementh

Post by mnementh »

Sabrina59 wrote:Naw ... I'm 6' tall. I'd scare you. :yikes:

But I do have long auburn hair almost down to my arse. :twisted:
Nice to see the Queen's English in the Colonies, at last. :lol:

I thought you lot said "Ass" and "Aluminum" as opposed to "Arse" and Aluminium. :lol:
And on the subject, why can't Americans pronounce "soldering" correctly? It's always "soddering"!!! And spell Sulphur correctly, while you're at it. It's not SulFur!! 8)

Bigdog wrote:I :heart: shorter women.. :wink:
As I'm pretty old and knackered, virtually anything with a pulse is O.K. with me 8) :lol: I draw the line at Necrophilia but that might change with time. :twisted:

However, if I do have one extreme preference (better than saying fetish), the long Auburn hair wins every time. :oops:

Aaaaand if you're ever in real financial hassle, you could always sell it for a wig. Really long natural hair fetches big bucks.

Sandy