Songus Interuptus.....

Anything that doesn't fit in another category.
Unlimited MP3+G Downloads
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

You are saying to sing the song with the same notes but an octive or 2 lower. Most singers want to sound close to the original song. So singing an octive lower than the original stills sounds dumb.

Raising or lowering the key is part of your job. Make them sound as good as they can.

Quit complaining about doing part of your job. :D

:heart:

If you are no willing to help the singers sound good they will find a KJ that will.

Sabrina59

Post by Sabrina59 »

I'm not suggesting a full octave change; just sing a "me" instead of a "so". Most of the song can still be done in the same notes the original artist did ... just modify the one's you can't hit.

I do want the performance of each singer to sound as good as I can make it; that includes the music. Changing the key makes the music sound off. If I know the singer well enough to make suggestions, I do; as mentioned above. I always make the key changes asked for ... and have been known to offer to change the key. Doesn't mean I have to like it!

BD ... have you forgotten that I am a woman?!?! We can b*tch about anything we want; our jobs, our kids, our men ... get the picture? :lol:
Sabrina the Cat
How to Build a Home Karaoke System
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

:iagree: :bowto: :surrender:
How to Build a Home Karaoke System