Afraid of The Competition...

Anything that doesn't fit in another category.
How to Build a Home Karaoke System
Bigdog

Afraid of The Competition...

Post by Bigdog »

The other night a KJ and his wife came in. They are regulars. They told me about a KJ that visited me the week before.

He was dating a girl whose father is a KJ with multi-systems. They have been to a few of my shows. Probably to neb around. They broke up and he lost the job because he doesn't have a system of his own and he wanted to know if I had one he could use. :lol: They fired her because they wanted him. :roll:

Back to the story. The KJ & wife went to one of their shows and they wouldn't allow them to sing. :shock:

The only reason I can think of is they were afraid that someone might think they were better than them and could take their job. Which is probably true.

The KJ & wife bytched to the owner and they were forced to let them sing because they are paying customers.

STUPID on the part of the other KJ. I don't care who comes to my show...if they want to sing they can. I don't worry about anyone taking my job. It has happened before because of the stupidity of the bar owner. But not because someone was a better KJ.

DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

You just open a can of worms when you don't let people, who want to sing, sing.
The only time I can see a KJ might think of 86ing the singer is if they violated one of the bigger rules such as wilfull disregard for your equipment such as throwing the mike up in the air or something like that.
Unlimited MP3+G Downloads
Sabrina59

Post by Sabrina59 »

How incredibly stupid was that KJ for not letting them sing! I fail to understand what his reason was. Just because they sing doesn't mean they would get his job. Now they just might because the bar owner had to get involved. Stupidity at it's best.
Sabrina the Cat
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

It's stupid because it gave the bar owner a perfectly good reason to think you're a jerk. And he would be right.

It is probably the reason they chose to fire them anyway.

Why give the bar owner a reason to fire you? Unless you don't care about the job.

STUPID.... :roll:

I know when they came to my show if I would have pulled a stunt like that they would have screamed to the bar owner the loudest. They both are jerks and they learned it from her jerk dad.

Maybe for breaking a rule, but not because they are a KJ. :shock:

Jerk dad took my 135 person night off me. I think he undercut the price and the owner fell for it. :roll:

Within 2 months the crowd died. It went down to 35 people then he quit. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: He tried for a year and a half to make it work.

It cost the owner at least $50,000. :shock: to save a few bucks a week. :lol: :lol:

I know jerk KJ passed on his "stupid" genes to his daughter.

Bar owners divorced and she hired me back. Shows how stupid he was too.
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

When other KJs show up at my shows I of course let them sing but also announce who they are and the name of their company. I would never want anyone to get the idea that I had anything to fear from my competition.
letitrip

Post by letitrip »

Yeah I really don't get the whole fear of competition thing. I've had KJ's come in and sing at my shows on many occasions. I've even had some that have asked me for technical assistance to help them run their show better (i.e. like how to setup compression) and I gladly oblige. I'm comfortable and confident with my quality and in the business relationships I have setup with my clients. I did even have a KJ (who I think I mentioned in a post before on this board) who did come and try to get business from visting my show. He started leaving fliers around the bar and annoyed some guests. The bar tenders followed right behind him and picked up the fliers and threw them out. I let the guys sing and didn't much care.
Let It Rip Karaoke
DJ Tony
http://www.letitripkaraoke.com