Halloween Constests

Anything that doesn't fit in another category.
Unlimited MP3+G Downloads
Sabrina59

Halloween Constests

Post by Sabrina59 »

Typically there are two Halloween contests at the bar I go to. One in which the costume needs to match the song you are singing, the other is just a costume contest.

The bar owner wants to do something different this year. He has no idea what ... just something different.

Any ideas?

Sabrina the Cat
Sabrina59

Post by Sabrina59 »

Come on guys, please don't let me down on this! :lol:

I am really at a loss for ideas.
Sabrina the Cat
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

I haven't figured out how to do it since I went to computer but, what about name that tune?

Make the person name the song (Extra bonus if the know the artist) and then sing it to win a prize.

Leave the TV screen blank and just start to play a few notes of the song and stop it. If they can't guess what it is, play it again a few notes longer and stop it again. Once they guess the answer put the words on the TV and let them sing it.

Everyone has an equal opportunity to win. It could get nonsingers started doing karaoke.
Acclaim

Post by Acclaim »

Sabrina, does it have to tie in w/ Halloween?

Jason
Jason Christopher
Free Teleseminar Reveals “How To Earn An Executives Income Hosting Karaoke…Without Having To Work An Executives 70-Hour A Week Schedule” go to www.makemoneywithkaraoke.com now
Sabrina59

Post by Sabrina59 »

Hi, Acclaim. Since it's for a Halloween party it would be nice if it tied in with the holiday, but I really have no clue what the owner wants.

BD ... I like that idea! Think I might start doing it a my show once in a while.

It would help if I knew what the owner doesn't like about the current "contests". However, they are, of course, more along the lines of popularity contests than anything else. I've been there for three years, and have yet to think the judges did a decent job on the song/costume contest. Typical karaoke contest.

Thank you guys!!
Sabrina the Cat
Acclaim

Post by Acclaim »

Sabrina,

how about a 'sex change' contest. All songs could go into a hat ... the guys sing songs done by girl artists and vice-versa.

judges could be based on how well they sang AND how entertaining they were.

Could you imagine a Football Jock having to sing "These Boots Are Made For Walkin' ? "

Jason
Jason Christopher
Free Teleseminar Reveals “How To Earn An Executives Income Hosting Karaoke…Without Having To Work An Executives 70-Hour A Week Schedule” go to www.makemoneywithkaraoke.com now
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

Could you imagine a Football Jock having to sing "These Boots Are Made For Walkin'" ?
Why not... Billy Ray Cyrus did it.
Acclaim

Post by Acclaim »

What a Wiseguy! :D
Jason Christopher
Sabrina59

Post by Sabrina59 »

I like that, Acclaim! Especially if the female songs where included some of the higher notes or really "girly" lyrics. :lol:

Thank you.
Sabrina the Cat
Acclaim

Post by Acclaim »

Fantastic, Let me know how it works out
Jason
Jason Christopher
srnitynow

Post by srnitynow »

Make up a list (that only you know), such as sing ANY Beatles song, or sing a gender bender, or ANY halloween song, etc. You can be as creative as you want. Make a list of 20 different topics, number them 1-20. Have the singer go to a dart board, throw a dart, and whatever number they hit, check the list and they have to sing that type of song. For everyone that participates, give them something like a pair of Mardi Gras beads, or some other small gift. Then, at the stroke of Midnight, let the crowd vote, and the winner gets a bigger prize. This way EVERYONE that participates gets SOMETHING. The more they sing, the more beads they get.

Rosario
Serenity Now Karaoke
mwadeson

Post by mwadeson »

i have a bar that wants to do some other stuff but wants me to come up with the participation prizes.
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

Every bar owner has access to many free promotional items from berr reps. They get this stuff by the truck load.

I'm not suppling anything to the bars for prizes, period.
Acclaim

Post by Acclaim »

Sabrina,

wanted to see how the contest worked out.

what do you end up doing?

jason
Jason Christopher