whats everone using

Anything that doesn't fit in another category.
Unlimited MP3+G Downloads
soundtech

whats everone using

Post by soundtech »

this was asked before but i was wondering what people are using for computer software and if people are havingh problems like and dislikes i use comuhost i like it but i am thinking on switching thanks

mnementh

Post by mnementh »

I have tried a few different Karaoke software packages but have come down in favour of Karma, from Latshaw Systems.

Simple to use, all necessary functions to run a show and relatively cheap.

There are a couple of functions that Sax and Dotty's has that I would like to see implemented in it but overall, it's head and shoulders above the rest.

Sandy
How to Build a Home Karaoke System
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

I use the second version of Sax & Dottys. I don't like the layout of the newest version.

My version doesn't have a singer history. The newest does.

I sent an email to them asking if they would make a download of the history part so I could up grade my version and they said they will not do any such thing. I also asked if they could make the new version so you could change the lay out. They will do no such thing.
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

Just one of the reasons I quit using S & D. I used to run using the original Sax & Dotty's Show Hoster befroe MTU sued them due to the name. I now use CompuHost.
The original interface was great for running a second instance of winamp for filler music.
Sabrina59

Post by Sabrina59 »

I use JustKaraoke and have been happy with it. It's inexpensive and the latest version will play filler music automatically. It starts when the song ends and stops as soon as you start the next song. You just load the mp3's you want to use.

And now that I know how to print the user history, it's even better.
Sabrina the Cat
mnementh

Post by mnementh »

Bigdog wrote:I use the second version of Sax & Dottys. I don't like the layout of the newest version.

My version doesn't have a singer history. The newest does.

I sent an email to them asking if they would make a download of the history part so I could up grade my version and they said they will not do any such thing. I also asked if they could make the new version so you could change the lay out. They will do no such thing.
Exactly why Karma gets my vote.

Sax & Dotty's is a very good package but the authors don't give a toss about customer feedback.

Karma was based purely on customer feedback and requests.

Unfortunately, this resulted in the one thing I have fault with and that is the lack of "skins". I find the all black layout a pain in the eyeballs but overall, it's pretty good.

Sandy
soundtech

Post by soundtech »

i tried karma and there is not much diference between it and pcdj kj pro

i think i will stick to what i know best witch is compuhost my customers really like it

i thought there would be posts on here but it seem we are the only ones that use this site day to day
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

Sabrina59 wrote:I use JustKaraoke and have been happy with it. It's inexpensive and the latest version will play filler music automatically. It starts when the song ends and stops as soon as you start the next song. You just load the mp3's you want to use.

And now that I know how to print the user history, it's even better.
JustKaraoke crashes everytime I try to play the filler.
Sabrina59

Post by Sabrina59 »

Apparently the first release did that, but they have fixed that problem now.
Sabrina the Cat
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

I just downloaded the release. NOt fixed by any means.
Sabrina59

Post by Sabrina59 »

So much for what their forums say. I have the update but haven't played with it much. It seemed to work fine what little I have played, though.
Sabrina the Cat
srnitynow

Post by srnitynow »

I use Compuhost. I like the features, and ALL of the bells and whistles. Really makes a show so much easier.

Rosario
Serenity Now Karaoke
mnementh

Post by mnementh »

srnitynow wrote:I use Compuhost. I like the features, and ALL of the bells and whistles. Really makes a show so much easier.

Rosario
Serenity Now Karaoke
I'd love to try it but in a similar one PC at a time manner as S&D that snapshots the PC it's used on, needs a dongle (I believe) to use.

Better than S&D because you can, at least, transfer to another PC if the one you're using goes mammaries up. S&D is on one machine only.

Sandy
srnitynow

Post by srnitynow »

You can try the "test" version without the dongle to see if you like it first, before purchase. You can have Compuhost on several laptops, but the only one that will work, is the one with the dongle. So you have to make sure you know where your "dongle" is at all times. :shock:

Srnitynow
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

I will never use any software that requires a piece of external hardware (dongle) to operate. Way to much chance of failure in the field. For this reason I will never use CompuHost nor would I ever recommend it to anyone.

Karma's amateurish GUI is enough for me to place it near the bottom of any hosting application list.

Sax & Dotty's is the best of the Winamp plugin hosting applications. I just don't like any Winamp based programs and I never have cared for the Pacemaker plugin.

JustKaraoke is a fantastic little program for the price. Not a lot of bells and whistles but a good solid application perfectly capable of hosting a professional show. I believe Dan's problem with this software is being caused by something on his computer. It runs perfectly on my XP PC and my niece's Vista laptop.

I've been a long time user of MTU's Hoster and I don't see myself changing to anything else anytime soon. If I were to change it would definitely be to JustKaraoke.