Flu Season Is Here

Anything that doesn't fit in another category.
Unlimited MP3+G Downloads
wiseguy
Site Admin

Flu Season Is Here

Post by wiseguy »

Some people around here are starting to come down with the flu. Reports say that 98% of the authenticated cases are the swine flu. I personally know two people who have had it and both said it was no worse than any other flu they have had. But that doesn't mean that you shouldn't avoid it if at all possible.

So what are you all doing to help from spreading the flu virus at you shows? I'm taking a pro-active approach this year. I ordered a virus killing hand lotion called SkinWear that is supposed to kill the flu virus for up to 8 hours after applying. I have made it mandatory for all singers to use this before singing their first song. I also encourage the non-singers to use it. I use Clorox wipes on the microphones periodically throughout the evening.

Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

I'm using a cheap generic approach.

Most bars now use anti bacterial soap in their rest rooms.

I wet a paper towel and put soap on it. Then I lay it on my table and every so often I wipe my hands and the microphone barrels.

I also watch to see who is displaying signs of illness. I had a few that don't want to get others sick and they didn't sing that night.

Others don't care. :roll:

I wipe down the book covers at the end of the night too.
How to Build a Home Karaoke System
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

A person can have the flu and be contagious a full day before any symptoms appear. I will not allow anyone who appears to be sick touch a mic. The lotion is mandatory, no lotion... no mic.
mwadeson

Post by mwadeson »

i have hand sanitizer available for everyone and i use lysol alot. I wipe the books down at the end of the night. I have noticed alot less people the last couple weeks either they are sick or staying home as to not get sick.
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

Hand cleaning is only part of the problem. Most people don't wash their hands after the rest room trip.

Spit on the microphone is a bigger issue.

I am considering selling people their own microphone "foams" to use when they sing.
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

Touching contaminated surfaces is the most common way the virus is spread. Anyone who touches the microphone with their mouth deserves to get the flu.
mwadeson

Post by mwadeson »

big dog not a bad idea i have been using mine for one night and throwing them away as to not bring it into a new place but i know it don't help for that night
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

Don't waste your money like that. Wash the foams with anti bacterial soap. Dry them with paper towels.
mwadeson

Post by mwadeson »

they only cost a dollar or two i have a bunch of them that my wife bought on ebay i have been storing them for three years. but yes you could wash them but for the three dollars a night i am not going to take my time to wash them
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

I use the bars soap and paper towels. :lol: