Please help! System advice needed for a karaoke newbie!

Your comments, questions, or opinions on any karaoke related hardware.
Unlimited MP3+G Downloads
bigdwilly51

Please help! System advice needed for a karaoke newbie!

Post by bigdwilly51 »

Hi all,

I'm looking to get my wife an inexpensive karaoke unit strictly for home use - parties and such. So not looking to spend a ton. I've kind of narrowed it down to 2 units:

Acesonic DGX-210 http://www.acesonic.com/playersitem.php?id=4

OR

VocoPro DVX-890K http://www.vocopro.com/products/product_info.php?ID=645

Do any of you have any experience with either of these machines or the manufacturers? Which of these units would you suggest? Or is there another better unit in this price range that you might suggest? My main requirements are ease of use, ability accept various formats, key change functionality, and price. Any input you can provide would be greatly appreciated!

Derek

Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

Being able to access the track functions from the front panel without the remote is a plus. The remote tends to be a pain in the neck.

The MPG3 record function is kinda nice.

My question is.....I have 12,000 songs on a hard drive and it takes about 80 gigs and they are zipped files. Now that means their play back quality may be lacking. Or they are using a smaller compression rate or a super CDG compression (format.)

Both players have the same basic features, almost.

One is twice as much as the other.

Each seems like it will do what you need.

I have no experience with either player. I'm just talking about my general experience with other players.
NYPaul3480

Post by NYPaul3480 »

I have a Voco Pro DVX 668K with a usb port.
I like the machine I am still trying to figure out the usb funtion not sure I one needs a special flash drive. So far a none player type flash drive does not work.
Hope this helps.