You Go Girl!!!

Anything that doesn't fit in another category.
Unlimited MP3+G Downloads
Bigdog

You Go Girl!!!

Post by Bigdog »

http://new.music.yahoo.com/blogs/chart_ ... ke-charge/

I heard part of a song on TV and she sounds every bit as good as Celine Dion. I'm happy for her and I hope she maintains her celebrity status for a long time.

mnementh

Post by mnementh »

Sorry guys but as I'm from the U.K., I've got to have a go on this one.

Susan Boyle (not Doyle 719x. If you're going to make fatuous statements about someone, do at least try and get their name right) has all the charisma and stage presence of a plank of wood.

She does, indeed, have fabulous voice but that is not enough to make a "great" singer. She was in the fortunate position of having a muppet like Simon Cowell backing her, a man who sees only the big "Buck", not the big picture.

Trust me on this, she might get decent sales for her first album but over here in the U.K. she will die without trace within a year, while Celine Dion will continue to sell records World wide for many years to come

Sandy
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

At a certain point beauty comes into play. It's called marketability. Celine Dion looks sexy.

But it also depends on the songs they sing. Celine Dion and Susan Noyal :lol: could target different markets of listeners.

Based on music sales the biggest buying age group is under 35. Susan could still fill a nitch market or Simon would have never hired her. He will be able to make money from her.

Most of the major recording groups have an average lifespan of 1 1/2 years. Hit the charts and have a small run and fade away. There are very few stars with a massive lifespans. So yes she will fade away. Celion Dion is a superstar of major status. Susan is also starting out very late in her life.

Look what happened to Whitney Houston. Faded away tried to make a come back and that didn't work. She has beauty and talent but what happened?

There are A & B grade movie stars just as recording artists. Susan could have a long run as a B grade artist.
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »