Karaoke Builder studio help

Discuss CD+G's, VCD's, song book creators, and any other karaoke related software.
How to Build a Home Karaoke System
karaoke

Karaoke Builder studio help

Post by karaoke »

Ok so Ive been doing good with this software but now when I go to open an mp3 audio file to sync lyrics the audio wont plat in this program now! It did before! I did upgrade from 3.0 to 5.0 messed up so bad it wouldnt even open so deleted it and reinstalled original. Its still doing the same thing wont play audio files?

wiseguy
Site Admin

Re: Karaoke Builder studio help

Post by wiseguy »

Don't you think this is something you should contact Karaoke Builder about?
karaoke

Post by karaoke »

Ive tried they never respond to email thats the only way to "contact" them!
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

Probably should have gone with MTU which has great support including a forum.
wolverine73

Post by wolverine73 »

hi, I've been using karaoke builder studio for a while now and i've pretty much got creating solo singer tracks down cold but i can't work out how to create duets or tracks with multiple singers. i've searched youtube and i've been unable to find any video tutorials to help. Does anyone know where I could find the info, tutorials or instructions I need?. Thanks in advance.
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

I have had some sort of success using mtu's Karaoke Home Producer for making duets.
The key is set the lyrics and then go back and set the colors. Only ones that I can not do are the ones that have the singers singing different words at the same time.
bwriter

Post by bwriter »

Here's something I posted on Karaoke Scene Magazine forum.
Woo! Now you're into the tricky stuff. The most difficult duet I ever did was Frank Sinatra & Sammy Davis Jr – Me And My Shadow. Struggling to get this to work well taught me a lot about KBS.

First step. Templates are available for different types of song. Clicking Templates/Load in KBS will show you some. You can load these up and build your song onto them; a bit like putting clothes on a scarecrow. If you're lucky there'll be one for duets. I only discovered Duet Templates after doing Frank & Sammy so I never actually used one.

Others will probably have their own methods but here's how I'd start:

Let's refer to the singers as Singer #1 & Singer #2. Decide which member of the Duet has the most lines to sing and build the entire song based around their lyrics. We'll call him/her Singer #1. Ignore the other singer for now.
You will need to allow space on each page where you will later insert the accompanying lines for Singer #2.

N.B. Load only the lyrics text for Singer #1. Singer #2's lines will be typed in by you later.
By that I mean; remove all of Singer #2's lyrics from the text file you intend to Load in.

Load the MP3 music (Audio, at the bottom of the screen) and sync Singer #1's words to the music as usual. From the start of the song, locate the first line for Singer #1 that is sung coincidentally with Singer #2. In the Frank & Sammy example this line will be where Franks sings; "Me and my shadow" and Sammy sings; "We're closer than pages that stick in a book. We're clo/ser than rip/ples that play in a brook"

Select Frank's line ("Me and my shadow") and click Copy (beneath ADD).
The selected line will now be repeated below. This will later become Singer #2's first line. You should now have on this page;

Me and my sha/dow
Me and my sha/dow

Select the second line and it will appear below in the EDIT window. Click in the first box on the left and delete every word. Now type in Sammy's first line;
"We're clo/ser than pa/ges".
Insert all your syllable breaks (I use '/'). Click Split and your page will show;

Me and my sha/dow
We're clo/ser than pa/ges

Note: Always copy the bottom-most line. This ensures that the newly created line will be as close as possible to its final position in the timeline.

Now, Copy the line you just created. You'll have;

Me and my sha/dow

Proceed as before, editing the third line so you have;

Me and my sha/dow
that stick in a book

Repeat the copying procedure until your first page looks like this;

Me and my sha/dow
that stick in a book
We're clo/ser than rip/ples
that play in a brook

I always separate the singers with a space so it's easier for the singers to read. Thus;

Me and my sha/dow

that stick in a book
We're clo/ser than rip/ples
that play in a brook

Keep on through the remaining pages like this until you have them all laid out as you want them. Now hit Edit (under Track). Do all the usual adjustments necessary on Singer #1's words only. Then run through the editing procedure a second time but now timing and adjusting Sammy's lines. DO NOT re-sync. That would cancel any previous adjustments you may have made.

If you didn't use a Template you'll now need to create another style. My two styles are called (strangely enough) Frank and Sammy. I have Frank starting RED & Sammy starting YELLOW, both swiping to pale blue. You might prefer other colours.Now comes the tricky bit.

Unless you are the luckiest bunny in the warren, some lines will mess up due to KBS trying to Wipe and Remove two or more lines at the same time. Playing the song through in KBS may be just fine. But it's playing through the final, completed CDG file that will reveal any timing problems. This is where you need to utilise a few little tricks.

The procedures that use the most processing time are Sweeping and Deleting of lines.
If a line doesn't display properly, go into Edit and see where the Sweeps & Wipes coincide. Reduce display times as much as you can by reducing Sweep and Wipe periods to the minimum. Reducing the Font sizes can help, too. Hopefully others will have their own tips to add and I'd love to see them.

I once had to suffer the indignity of watching one of my karaoke creations messing up on screen. I mumbled an apology and moved on to the next song. Now I test drive every new karaoke track at +10% of normal tempo.

Good luck!

Oh, and don't forget to have your intro screen say:
Frank = RED
Sammy = YELLOW
mikeis65

Post by mikeis65 »

wolverine73 wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:23 pm hi, I've been using karaoke builder studio for a while now and i've pretty much got creating solo singer tracks down cold but i can't work out how to create duets or tracks with multiple singers. i've searched youtube and i've been unable to find any video tutorials to help. Does anyone know where I could find the info, tutorials or instructions I need?. Thanks in advance.
I have used KBS a lot. I have not used it in quite a while but to make duets it's all about making each line the different colors. I used pink for a woman and blue for a man and green for both, it's really about all there is to do that. You can choose whatever color you like.You sync all the lines first then change the colors.