New Speakers!!

Your comments, questions, or opinions on any karaoke related hardware.
letitrip

New Speakers!!

Post by letitrip »

OK so some time ago I decided to get rid of the JBL EON active speakers I had been using. The poly cases are just garbage. They're too soft and there is so much sound leakage out the back side that it really hurts their sound quality. They're ok speakers overall, I mean they're still JBL, but they weren't fitting the bill. So for a while i borrowed a pair of custom built passive 15" 2-ways until I was able to get my new speakers.

Well Wednesday my new Mackie S215's arrived!! Knowing that Mackie now works with EAW and that these were designed by EAW, I knew they'd be good, I just didn't realize how good! I used them for the first time last night and let me say right off, I don't think I've ever seen a 2-way speaker with a better balance between the woofer and the driver. Amazing sound clarity and reproduction. I swear to god these things are as close to perfect as you can get. My EQ which normally has a pretty good curve pattern, was almost flat with these new boxes. I got compliments from a number of people on the sound of the new PA.

Logistically these things are great. They only weigh 67 pounds which makes them easy to carry and toss up on a speaker stand. They've got two parraellel connections, a 1/4" TS connector and a Neutrik Speakon connector. What's unique here is that the 1/4" connector has a locking mechanism that locks the cable in place when plugged in. There is a release that has to be pressed to pull it out. No loose cables here. The speakers themselves even look good! So many of the lower end boxes on the market look just like that, big black boxes on a stick. These things look incredible. A cool arched grill with bright blue Mackie logos on them and a tall, thin set of dimensions very different from most 15" 2-way boxes.

If you're looking for speakers or looking to upgrade, I can't say enough about how great these things are. And price wise their really reasonable too. A pair can be had for between $800-900. Well worth every penny when you hear these things perform!

Let It Rip Karaoke
DJ Tony
http://www.letitripkaraoke.com
OnTheMicDJs

Post by OnTheMicDJs »

Awesome buy! In my opinion, it doesn't get much better than a Mackie...I am currently using the Mackie SRM-450's at my shows, and they are worth every cent!
Unlimited MP3+G Downloads