Darts and singing at the same time.

Anything that doesn't fit in another category.
Bigdog

Darts and singing at the same time.

Post by Bigdog »

Tonight the boyfriend of one of the bartenders is playing darts. If you want my observation he's a jerk. But...while he's playing darts everytime he misses a shot he yells for the whole bar to hear..."SH!!!!!!!T." Keep in mind that his girlfriend is a bartender and the restaurant part is still open and he could have been heard by minors on that side. It's not a dive bar it's a national chain.

If it was my bar he would have been told to clean his potty mouth or leave. :x

So later after his excuse for missing the shots is because he's drunk...he wants to sing with his pal. So it's their turn and in the middle of the dart game their song comes on.

No need to stop shooting darts to sing...we can just hold the microphone under our armpit and sing and shoot at the same time. :evil:

I was waiting to see if he was going to drop it...fortunately he didn't. Remember now he's drunk and he happens to be a musclehead.

Why is there an assumed "I have the right to do anything because my girlfriend works here" attitude? This along with other boyfriend/girlfriends of employees bad behavior is all the more reason the employees boyfriends/girlfriends shouldn't be allowed to be there during their working hours. And the employees shouldn't be allowed to stay after their shift and get drunk. Maybe it's just me but a drunk employee on or off the clock is still a liability to the owner.

RockinBruce

Post by RockinBruce »

Bigdog...After reading many of your previous posts here in the forum I admit I am somewhat surprised that you let this idiot sing and shoot darts at the same time. I have always been under the impression that you kept a pretty tight rein over your show. I know he was drunk and the boyfriend of one of the bartenders, but it sounds as if you had a genuine concern over the safety of your equipment. Maybe a solution would have been a polite suggestion that he suspend his game until after his song was done.
Unlimited MP3+G Downloads
alfalfa4381

Post by alfalfa4381 »

A good argument for using wired mics...

That was tongue-in-cheek, but really, it may be a valid point. With wireless mics any drunk can ramble about the crowd and tick off some else's wife or date, say lewd things, etc., but wired he or she will be forced to be a part of YOUR show, and not take control away from you, as this guy has done. At least at this bar for a few weeks, go wired and put him in his place.
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

Well he did put in another song with a friend of his, but we never got to it. :wink: But if we had I was going to tell him to sing or shoot but not both.

Keep in mind he's drunk and a muscle head. He could clean my clock... :lol: There are security people there but as usual they are never around when you need one.
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

This week he started singing again and wanted to shoot at the same time. I told him if he drops it he's paying for it.

$2 dart game vs $600 microphone. :shock: :x

I think later he was starting to get an attitude about me calling him on it. I saw his girlfriend (bartender) calming him down.

Good for her because he will start a fight he will not win. Even if he beats me up he loses big time.

1. He will be in court.
2. I tell the bar owner to pick one of us to be there on karaoke night, Me or him.
3. If the bar owner is stupid enough to pick him to stay and I quit, his girlfriend loses big tip money because the crowd will die.

Anyway it goes he loses. One way or another.

Don't get cocky with me, punk... :lol: :wink: :twisted:
stevesdjservice

Post by stevesdjservice »

Bigdog,
It seems like you have seen it all! I am just starting out and your stories have given me some insight on what to look out for. I am going to like this forum!
Steve's DJ/Karaoke Service
"Music Is The Soundtrack Of Our Lives"