Kamakaze Karaoke

Anything that doesn't fit in another category.
SHEP

Kamakaze Karaoke

Post by SHEP »

Does anyone do "Kamakazee Karaoke"? We are going to have a contest at our place. Best performance wins a hundred bucks.
Looking for ways to judge it.

Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

Any and every type of karaoke contest will cause you nothing but grief.

Nobody will be happy about the way in which you picked the judges and how they did their job.

I steer clear of any kind of karaoke contest. If any of my bar owners wants to me to do a karaoke contest I'll give them the option of finding another KJ or to just make it a give away that everyone in the bar has an equal opportunity to win something, just for being there.

I have been accused of rigging contests, seen people want to beat up judges and people got so mad they stayed away for 6 months. If cash is involved you will get every karaoke who.....re from miles around. The second the cash is gone, so are they. All you have left is less of a crowd than what you originally started with.

Contests = poison.
Unlimited MP3+G Downloads
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

When it comes to karaoke contests... just say NO! Or you will live to regret it.
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

I am against all kinds of contests that have performances judged. Too hard to keep your regulars happy because you have a finals night that takes away from their ability to sing as many songs as they wish to. With Kamakazi karaoke that is just one more thing to blame for not winning since they are "all that".
LarryKaraoke

Post by LarryKaraoke »

I have never seen a Karaoke contest in a bar turn out well. Way tooooo many singer have attitudes. TV is diff. they have an audience of millions to draw from, but you as a Host in a bar, don't. So, unless it is a private party, ( wedding etc.) I would advise against it. You WILL lose customers over it.