songs

Anything that doesn't fit in another category.
How to Build a Home Karaoke System
soundtech

songs

Post by soundtech »

does anyone know of any sites to download cdgs for a fee or a membership
but not mirc thanks

DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

letitrip

Post by letitrip »

Let It Rip Karaoke
DJ Tony
http://www.letitripkaraoke.com
LarryKaraoke

Post by LarryKaraoke »

Be VERY careful. Only about 5% of the sites you find selling down loadable Karaoke, are Legal.
The problem is, NOT all CDG disks are licensed for paid public performances. Some, are knock-offs and are completely illegal, and some CDG disks you buy at the corner store are not intended for a paid performance. They are for personal use only. BUT, the sites selling them, don't have to tell you this, as they are selling a disc legally, just that as a professional, you need a diff licensed version.
This is the same in Canada and the States. Here in Canada, the regulating body has been on witch hunt for illegal Karaoke Hosts. And it does cross the border in conjunction as it is governed by an International agreement.
Not sure about the copying laws there, I understand they are the same, but here, as a host, we need a special license to copy a disc, ( original must be a legal disc and must be kept at hand ) (If downloaded, a printed receipt must be on hand proving Disc name and or song,) The license is $350. and allows me to have ONE COPY of each disc on hand, OR, ONE COPY of each disc on my lap top. BUT not both. And from what I understand, as stated by SOCAN, You must have this license to download Profesional Karaoke songs onto your hard drive.
Hope this helps......